TRACTOR TRAILER OPERATOR, KEARNY, NJ
United States Postal Service
- Operates a tractor-trailer in conformity with time schedules and in accordance with instructions regarding the route assigned; or operates a tractor-trailer in unscheduled service directed move by move by telephone, two-way radio or through designated supervisors.
- Picks up and delivers bulk quantities of mail at postal installations, mailing concerns, railroad mail facilities and airports.
- Ascertains the condition of the tractor-trailer prior to leaving and in returning to garage; reports all accidents, mechanical defects noted, and mechanical failures in the course of the trip.
- Makes decisions respecting changes in route in emergency; makes emergency decisions respecting loading mail or leaving it for later trip.
- In addition, may prepare daily trip reports; make minor repairs or adjustments to vehicle in emergencies; load and unload mail; perform other duties as assigned by a supervisor.