Now hiring Drivers with 4+ months of tractor trailer experience & recent trucking school graduates!
If less than 6 months of solo driving experience, we have a training program tailored just for you. (see below)
Averitt currently has an immediate opening for full-time Dedicated Team Drivers to help serve our apparel customer in Evansville, Indiana.
Drivers for this account must live within 150 mile radius the Averitt service center.
As a driver on this account, you'll:
- Pick up a load of shoes at the customer's distribution center located in Evansville
- Set out for delivery to retail stores located throughout America.
- This team position will primarily be running out West to Idaho, Utah, Montana and/or Arizona
- After making all deliveries and return pickups, you may make a backhaul pickup at either a customer vendor or a 3rd party customer.
- Runs typically begin on Sunday morning and return Friday mornings; may depart on Monday.
- You can expect weekend home time.
- Starting pay is .50 cpm split; reaching .52 cpm after 2 years
- Current average of 3,800 miles per week
- Unloading pay of $.135/ piece
- Average route will have 5-7 stores to deliver to with some store returns being picked up
- Driver is to move product to the rear of trailer and assist customer. Conveyer rollers will be provided to assist driver.
Paid Training Programs:
Driving School Grads:
Must have graduated from one of our approved truck driving schools in the previous 180 days.
Students will also earn a $4,800 tuition assistance bonus! Payable after completing orientation at a rate of $150 per month for the first 12 months and $250 for months 13 - 24.
If you have less than 6 months solo driving experience OR have been outside of the truck for a while, we have a paid training program tailored for each level of experience. Your recruiter will be able to tell you the best training program for you.
Regardless of the amount of training needed you will be paid six hundred dollars per week while training; training time can range from 1-5 weeks. After training you will start at .50 cpm split.
Check out these additional benefits of being a full-time member of the Averitt driving team:
- Family & individual Cigna medical coverage with 2 choices (PPO or high deductible health plan), dental, vision, prescription and hearing benefits package ALL starting as low as:
$75.70 per week for family
$30.55 per week for unmarried individuals
With the option of reduced medical premiums if you participate in the upcoming year's wellness initiatives.
- Paid orientation in Cookeville, TN with free lodging, transportation and meals
- Associate discounts (on vehicles, computers, cell phone service, etc.)
- Company-paid life insurance and short-term disability benefits
- 8 paid holidays (after 90 days)
- Paid Time Off (PTO/ vacation) up to 8 weeks
- Uniform program- Averitt will provide
- Profit sharing, Traditional and Roth 401(k)
- Referral rewards program
- Weekly direct payroll deposits
- Flexible spending accounts
- Wells Fargo banking products
- Wellness programs available
- Paid orientation in Cookeville, TN with free lodging, transportation and most meals
- A professional atmosphere with quality people since 1971!
Averitt's fleet includes local, dedicated, and regional positions. Drivers have the opportunity to change their driving preferences as their careers progress, including opportunities in operations and leadership.
Averitt Express is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.