<< Back to Classifieds Listing
CDL-A Dedicated Truck Driver - DPF Richmond VA - Richmond VA
Attention Drivers! We're offering a $2,000 sign-on BONUS for qualified drivers through May 31, 2018! ($1,000 at 90 days and $1,000 at 180 days!).- excluding students.
Stop By Our Hiring Event
Now hiring Drivers with 4+ months of tractor trailer experience!If less than 6 months of solo driving experience, we have a training program tailored just for you. (see below)
Where: Virginia Employment Commission @ 1300 Greensville County Circle, Suite C, Room 105, Emporia, VA 23847
When: Friday, May 25, 2018 from 10 am- 2pm
Don't have a CDL? Check out our approved driving schools for a quality school near you to get your CDL.As a driver for this account
- Average 2,800 miles per week
- Dispatches and start /delivery times are received the prior day and assigned to drivers.
- Take trailers loaded with portable storage units to storage centers or Hub facilities.
- Destination site personnel will unload & reload portable storage
- Pick up and deliver in all 48 states; no NYC deliveries
- Responsible to strap, unstrap and secure portable storage units and containers.
- $18.00/ hour while operating forklift to seldom load and unload; training provided.
- Dispatched for two to three weeks.
- If out for two weeks, two days home. If out three weeks, three days home (typically home on Friday's and out on Monday's)
- Stops average 6 to 8 per week, paid at $20 per stop.
- Drivers can expect to log 70 hours in 8 days; may have to take a reset on the road.
- This is an assigned sleeper driver position, may have to do a reset on the road.Experienced Drivers (with 6 months of solo driving experience):
- Start pay of .41 cpm; top out pay of .43 cpm after 1 year
-Projected annual pay of $65,280 (estimate)
____________________________Paid Training Programs:Trainee:
If you have less than 6 months solo driving experience OR
have been outside of the truck for a while, we have a paid training program tailored for each level of experience. Your recruiter will be able to tell you the best training program for you.Regardless of the amount of training needed you will be paid six hundred dollars per week while training; training time can range from 1-3 weeks. After training you will start at .41 cpm.
_____________________________Check out these many benefits of being a full-time Averitt Driver Associate:
- Family & individual Cigna medical coverage with 2 choices (PPO or high deductible health plan), dental, vision, prescription and hearing benefits package ALL
starting as low as:$75.70 per week for family
$30.55 per week for unmarried individualsWith the option of reduced medical premiums if you participate in the upcoming year's wellness initiatives.
- 8 paid holidays (after 90 days).
- Paid Time Off (PTO/ vacation) up to 8 weeks.
- Profit sharing, Traditional and Roth 401(k)
- Wellness programs available
- Company-paid life insurance and short-term disability benefits.
- Company provided professional uniforms
- Wells Fargo banking products.
- Flexible spending accounts.
- Wellness programs available.
- Other career advancement opportunities within Averitt.
- Paid orientation in Cookeville, TN with free lodging, transportation and meals.
- Red Thinkin' Rewards- points program that encourages you to meet specific fuel & service goals and in return earn points towards a selection of over 12,000 gift items.
- Referral rewards- cash bonuses for referrals
- Weekly direct payroll deposits.
- Associate discounts (on vehicles, computers, cell phone service, etc.).
- A professional atmosphere with quality people since 1971!
Averitt's fleet includes local, dedicated, and regional positions. Drivers have the opportunity to change their driving preferences as their careers progress, including opportunities in operations and leadership.Averitt Express is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.