Has making a career move been on your mind? Maybe it's time to consider joining a transportation leader with a 40-year history of excellence.
We have an opportunity for you to join our team as a Dedicated Driver to help serve our ceramics customer located in Crossville, Tennessee.
As a driver on this account you will:
- Pick up preloaded '53 trailer of tile product
- The average route consists of 7 to 8 stops
- Deliveries will be in various regions including east coast (Long Island is a standard delivery point).
- Delivery customer will be responsible for unloading. On rare occasion driver may be required to assist. If so, driver will be informed prior to dispatch and provided a pallet jack.
- Either vendor direct backhauls for customer or a broker load will be assigned to return for next outbound dispatch.
- Home 2 consecutive days prior to next dispatch.
- Starting pay of .44 cpm
- Current average of 2,400 miles per week
- You'll also earn $15 per stop made along your weekly route (does not include origin or destination)
Check out these additional benefits of being a full-time member of the Averitt driving team:
- Family & individual Cigna medical coverage with 2 choices (PPO or high deductible health plan), dental, vision, prescription and hearing benefits package ALL starting as low as:
$75.70 per week for family
$30.55 per week for unmarried individuals
With the option of reduced medical premiums if you participate in the upcoming year's wellness initiatives.
- Paid orientation in Cookeville, TN with free lodging, transportation and meals
- Associate discounts (on vehicles, computers, cell phone service, etc.)
- Company-paid life insurance and short-term disability benefits
- 8 paid holidays (after 90 days)
- Paid Time Off (PTO/ vacation) up to 8 weeks
- Uniform program- Averitt will provide
- Profit sharing, Traditional and Roth 401(k)
- Referral rewards program
- Weekly direct payroll deposits
- Flexible spending accounts
- Wells Fargo banking products
- Wellness programs available
- Paid orientation in Cookeville, TN with free lodging, transportation and most meals
- A professional atmosphere with quality people since 1971!
Averitt's fleet includes local, dedicated, and regional positions. Drivers have the opportunity to change their driving preferences as their careers progress, including opportunities in operations and leadership.
Averitt Express is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.