A rewarding career. More home time. A higher quality of life. These all are things that every professional driver wants, but not every carrier can offer. With Averitt, you can have them all"and then some! If you're ready to turn your wants into reality, take a look at this excellent dedicated driving opportunity!
Averitt is currently seeking top-notch Solo over-the-road Drivers to help serve our dedicated automotive parts customer in Tuscaloosa, Alabama.
Drivers for this account must live within a 100 mile radius from the Averitt Service Center.
This exciting career opportunity entails:
- Making drop & hook runs (most) into Georgia, Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, North Carolina, South Carolina and Tennessee.
- You'll typically dispatch out on Sunday/ Monday and will return late Thursday, Friday or Saturday morning for your WEEKLY HOME TIME.
- During down time, your modern, well-maintained tractor will be parked at the customer's location in Tuscaloosa.
- Will know weekly schedule by Wed/Thurs of preceding week
- Average 2,600 to 3,000 miles per week
- You'll also earn $15 for each additional stop you may make.
- Average 2 stops per week.
Experienced Drivers (with 6 months of solo driving experience):
- Starting pay is .39 cpm; top-out at .40 cpm within 1 year
Check out these other benefits of being a full-time Averitt Driver Associate:
- Family & individual Cigna medical coverage with 2 choices (PPO or high deductible health plan), dental, vision, prescription and hearing benefits package ALL starting as low as:
$75.70 per week for family
$30.55 per week for unmarried individuals
With the option of reduced medical premiums if you participate in the upcoming year's wellness initiatives.
- Paid orientation in Cookeville, TN with free lodging, transportation and meals
- Associate discounts (on vehicles, computers, cell phone service, etc.)
- Company-paid life insurance and short-term disability benefits
- 8 paid holidays (after 90 days)
- Paid Time Off (PTO/ vacation) up to 8 weeks
- Uniform program- Averitt will provide
- Profit sharing, Traditional and Roth 401(k)
- Referral rewards program
- Weekly direct payroll deposits
- Flexible spending accounts
- Wells Fargo banking products
- Wellness programs available
- Paid orientation in Cookeville, TN with free lodging, transportation and most meals
- A professional atmosphere with quality people since 1971!
Averitt's fleet includes local, dedicated, and regional positions. Drivers have the opportunity to change their driving preferences as their careers progress, including opportunities in operations and leadership.
Averitt Express is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.