If you've always wanted to work for one of the most respected transportation providers in the business, here's your opportunity!
Averitt currently has an immediate opening for full-time Yard Switcher to help serve our dedicated automotive customer in Smyrna, Tennessee.
Drivers for this account must live within a 100 mile radius from the Averitt Service Center.
As a Yard Switcher, you'll play a critical role in our customer's transportation needs by ensuring the timely movement of trailers in and out of the docks on-site at the customer's location.
Some of the responsibilities of an Averitt Yard Switcher include:
- Sunday through Thursday night shift starting between 9:00pm-10:00pm or Monday through Friday starting between 2:00p - 3:00p
- Friday and/or Saturday work as customer demands
- 5-6 day work week depending on production
- Start pay of $17.39/hour (top out of $17.89/hour)
- Overtime applies after 40 hours per week
- The usual 5 day work week is 40-45 hours
Check out these many benefits of being a full-time Averitt Associate:
- Family & individual Cigna medical coverage with 2 choices (PPO or high deductible health plan), dental, vision, prescription and hearing benefits package ALL starting as low as:
$75.70 per week for family
$30.55 per week for unmarried individuals
With the option of reduced medical premiums if you participate in the upcoming year's wellness initiatives.
- Paid orientation in Cookeville, TN with free lodging, transportation and meals
- Associate discounts (on vehicles, computers, cell phone service, etc.)
- Company-paid life insurance and short-term disability benefits
- 8 paid holidays (after 90 days)
- Paid Time Off (PTO/ vacation) up to 8 weeks
- Uniform program- Averitt will provide
- Profit sharing, Traditional and Roth 401(k)
- Referral rewards program
- Weekly direct payroll deposits
- Flexible spending accounts
- Wells Fargo banking products
- Wellness programs available
- Paid orientation in Cookeville, TN with free lodging, transportation and most meals
- A professional atmosphere with quality people since 1971!
Averitt Express is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.