LOCAL TRUCK DRIVING JOBS
Fiore & Sons is a family-owned business, and we extend that family approach to everyone who works with us. We pay for 100% of the health and dental premiums for all employees and their families and offer a robust set of additional benefits. We also strive to provide stability and opportunity for our people and are committed to career growth, with a strong track record of promoting from within. Come drive with us!
The CDL A transports materials to or from jobsites, to assigned locations, and to fields throughout the state of Colorado as requested by customers. Drivers operate trucks whose gross vehicle weight (GVW) capacity exceeds 85,000 pounds. These drivers are required to drive on intercity, and off-road project routes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Works with route managers and scheduling to optimize fleet utilization and project deliveries.
- Proactively identifies potential delivery and pick-up problems and alerts relevant parties before they result in service issues.
- Accurately completes driving tickets documenting each delivery and driving activity.
- Ensures all shipping documentation required to move with shipments is available for inspection and that appropriate paperwork accompanies shipment when delivered.
- Complies with all regulatory agency and company safety directives.
- Contacts dispatcher to handle pick-up or delivery issues that may result in customer dissatisfaction or project delays.
- Completes a thorough load-check inspection before each departure ensuring that load is secured and truck is in compliance with all federal, state, and local regulations
- Obeys all traffic laws and weight limits.
- Completes and files in a precise and timely manner all vehicle pre- and post-trip inspections and log items as required by government agencies.
- Reports any and all accidents involving driver, company equipment, and/or private property.
- Maintenance of valid Class A CDL Driver License and good motor vehicle record (MVR) to pass and maintain insurability guidelines.
- Ability to pass and maintain DOT safety sensitive FMCSA requirements in regards to pre and post-employment drug screening and DOT physical.
- Ability to pass driving evaluation and work history verification.
- Attention to detail when completing load tickets.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with customers, vendors, and employees.
- At least 21 years of age.
This job has no supervisory duties.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Required: A minimum of 2 years of CDL A driving experience. Willing to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and/or holidays as required to accommodate customer and project demands.
- Preferred: CDL endorsements for Hazmat, Tanker, Double / Triple trailer. Experience driving in inclement weather conditions such as snow and rain. Experience with occasional mountain driving. At least a high school diploma or GED.
This position requires the ability to communicate in English with co-workers, customers and the general public.
This job requires the ability to do and understand basic math equations.
Primary functions require sitting for extended periods of time while driving to be (un)loaded. The position also requires the physical ability and mobility to repeatedly kneel, crawl, push, pull and climb to and from the tractor cabin or trailer as required by task. Further requires the ability to lift up to 50 pounds intermittently throughout the course of work shift and the ability to use a broom or shovel to clean trailer of residual material.
Driving most of the time, exposed to traffic and off-road conditions and subject to continuous vibration and periodic bouncing on uneven surfaces. Outside work at times, including exposure to variant weather conditions (hot, cold, rain, snow).
We Offer an Outstanding Benefit Package:
- Health & Dental – we pay 100% of the premiums for employees and their families.
- Voluntary Vision Plan - optional
- FSA Account - optional
- HSA Account - with HDHP
- Paid Holidays & Vacation
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with employer match contributions up to 3% of salary.
- $100 Monthly Employer paid Short Term Disability - additional voluntary options as well
- Long term Disability - optional
- 25,000.00 Employer paid Basic Life and AD&D Insurance - additional voluntary options as well
Equal Opportunity Employer
Fiore & Sons is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination of any kind. All employment decisions at Fiore & Sons are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race or ethnicity, color, religion or belief, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other status protected by the law.