Attention CDL-A Drivers! We're offering a $2,000 sign-on BONUS for qualified drivers through June 30, 2018! ($1,000 at 90 days and $1,000 at 180 days!).- excluding students.
Now hiring CDL-A Drivers with 4+ months of tractor trailer experience!
If less than 6 months of solo driving experience, we have a training program tailored just for you. (see below)
Averitt has opportunities for professional dedicated CDL-A drivers to help serve our bedding customer in Fredericksburg, VA!
This full-time CDL-A position entails:
- Average 1,850 miles per week
- Stop pay= $17.50/ stop; average 15-20 stops per week; each stop averaging 45 minutes
- Average 4+ loads per week
- Home multiple times during the week and each weekend!
- Leave out on Sunday or Monday with 1st delivery.
- Coverage area to include: Washington D.C., Maryland, Pennsylvania, Ohio & Virginia
- Assigned Volvo or Freightliner tractors.
- Pickup preloaded trailers of mattresses and box springs from customer's distribution center.
- No loading, driver will assist with unloading.
- Deliver to warehouses.
- Delivery times are typically scheduled between 9:00am and 4:00pm.
- Possible backhauls of returning product when empty & returning to Fredericksburg.
Experienced CDL-A Drivers (with 6 months of solo driving experience):
- Start pay of .45 cpm; top pay of .46 cpm reached after 1 year.
Paid Training Programs:
If you have less than 6 months solo driving experience OR have been outside of the truck for a while, we have a paid training program tailored for each level of experience. Your recruiter will be able to tell you the best training program for you.
Regardless of the amount of training needed you will be paid eight hundred dollars per week while training; training time can range from 1-5 weeks. After training you will start at .45 cpm.
Check out these benefits of being a full-time Averitt CDL-A Driver:
- Family & individual Cigna medical coverage with 2 choices (PPO or high deductible health plan), dental, vision, prescription and hearing benefits package ALL starting as low as
$75.70 per week for family
$30.55 per week for single coverage
With the option of even lower medical premiums if you participate in the upcoming year's wellness initiatives.
- 8 paid holidays (after 90 days).
- Paid Time Off (PTO/ vacation) up to 8 weeks.
- Profit sharing, Traditional and Roth 401(k)
- Wellness programs available
- Company-paid life insurance and short-term disability benefits.
- Company provided professional uniforms
- Wells Fargo banking products.
- Flexible spending accounts.
- Wellness programs available.
- Other career advancement opportunities within Averitt.
- Paid orientation in Cookeville, TN with free lodging, transportation and meals.
- Red Thinkin' Rewards- points program that encourages you to meet specific fuel & service goals and in return earn points towards a selection of over 12,000 gift items.
- Referral rewards- cash bonuses for referrals
- Weekly direct payroll deposits.
- Associate discounts (on vehicles, computers, cell phone service, etc.).
- A professional atmosphere with quality people since 1971!
Averitt's fleet includes local, dedicated, and regional positions. Drivers have the opportunity to change their driving preferences as their careers progress, including opportunities in operations and leadership.
Averitt Express is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.