Now hiring CDL-A Drivers with 4+ months of tractor trailer experience & recent trucking school graduates!
If less than 6 months of solo driving experience, we have a training program tailored just for you. (see below)
Dedicated runs to Midwest, Southeast, Southwest and Mid-Atlantic States!
This excellent CDL-A driving career opportunity entails:
- 2,535 average miles per week
- Stop pay= $15.00 (average 5 stops per week)
- Detention, breakdown and layover pay
- Runs leave out on Sunday, Monday or Tuesday
- Back home on Friday or Saturday
- Coverage area is Jeffersonville, IN; Vineland, NJ; Carnegie, PA; Mount Jewett, PA; back to Jeffersonville, IN.
- 2nd leg from Jeffersonville, IN; West Chicago, IL; Grand Rapids, MI; Detroit, MI; back to Jeffersonville, IN.
- Pulling preloaded conestoga/ curtain side trailers with skidded freight
- Only have to unstrap to unload
- Some backhauls- If not, return empty (same mileage pay)
- Prepass Plus
- All load securement and protection equipment is supplied!
- HOME EVERY WEEK- no Canada!
Experienced CDL-A Drivers (with 6 months of solo driving experience):
- Starting pay of .39 cpm; top pay of .42 cpm reached within 1 year
- Average $55,000-$57,000/year
Paid Training Programs:
Driving School Grads:
Must have graduated from one of our approved truck driving schools in the previous 180 days.
Students will also earn a $4,800 tuition assistance bonus! Payable after completing orientation at a rate of $150 per month for the first 12 months and $250 for months 13 - 24.
If you have less than 6 months solo driving experience OR have been outside of the truck for a while, we have a paid training program tailored for each level of experience. Your recruiter will be able to tell you the best training program for you.
Regardless of the amount of training needed you will be paid eight hundred dollars per week while training; training time is 1- 5 weeks. After training you will start at .39 cpm.
Check out these benefits of being a full-time Averitt CDL-A Driver:
- Family & individual Cigna medical coverage with 2 choices (PPO or high deductible health plan), dental, vision, prescription and hearing benefits package ALL starting as low as:
$75.70 per week for family
$30.55 per week for single coverage
With the option of even lower medical premiums if you participate in the upcoming year's wellness initiatives.
- 8 paid holidays (after 90 days).
- Paid Time Off (PTO/ vacation) up to 8 weeks.
- Profit sharing, Traditional and Roth 401(k)
- Wellness programs available
- Company-paid life insurance and short-term disability benefits.
- Company provided professional uniforms
- Wells Fargo banking products.
- Flexible spending accounts.
- Wellness programs available.
- Other career advancement opportunities within Averitt.
- Paid orientation in Cookeville, TN with free lodging, transportation and meals.
- Red Thinkin' Rewards- points program that encourages you to meet specific fuel & service goals and in return earn points towards a selection of over 12,000 gift items.
- Referral rewards- cash bonuses for referrals
- Weekly direct payroll deposits.
- Associate discounts (on vehicles, computers, cell phone service, etc.).
- A professional atmosphere with quality people since 1971!
Averitt's fleet includes local, dedicated, and regional positions. Drivers have the opportunity to change their driving preferences as their careers progress, including opportunities in operations and leadership.
Averitt Express is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.