Now hiring CDL-A drivers with 4+ months of tractor trailer experience!
We ARE NOT a truck driving school, you must have your CDL-A to join our team.
Why Choose Averitt:
- Uniformed company with quality people and a culture which includes strong structure and organization.
- Opportunities for transfer and promotion from within after completion of 6 months in current position.
- 1,000+ (10%) associates who have been with the Averitt team for 20 or more years!
- Leading transportation provider since 1971.
Experienced CDL-A Driver Pay:
To start at this pay you must have 6 months of verifiable experience in the past 3 years.
- .46 cpm
Experienced CDL-A drivers who are out 5 days average $1,100+ per week. Drivers with hazmat endorsements average $1,200+ per week!
Minimum Mileage Pay=
- Loads less than 400 miles picked up and delivered will be paid at 400 miles.
- 2 day loads less than 800 miles picked up and delivered will be paid at 800 miles.
- $20 stop pay (not to include origin or destination)
- Breakdown ($14/hr: takes effect after 2 hrs. not to exceed 10 hrs in a 24 hr period)
- Layover ($100 after a 24 hr period- allowed 50 miles)
- Detention ($20/hr after 2 hrs for majority of customers)
- 4 day paid orientation ($756- $828) in Cookeville, TN with free lodging, transportation and meals.
- Weekly direct payroll deposits.
Must have a minimum of 4 months' verifiable experience in the past 3 years or 6 months' verifiable experience in the past 5 years.
You will be paid eight hundred dollars per week while training; training time can range from 1-3 weeks. After training you will start at .46 cpm.
Equipment & Safety:
- Assigned, safe, well-maintained Volvos & Freightliners.
- All with APUs and 100% automatic transmissions.
- Our equipment has several intelligent safety features to include: collision- avoidance system, lane-departure system, anti-jackknife/ rollover stability system and much more.
- Safely park at more than 100 Averitt facilities, many with on-duty security, fuel pumps, showers, exercise rooms and driver convenience centers with Wi-Fi.
About Our Regional CDL-A Driving Position:
- Primarily southern, southwest and mid-west lanes (25 states)
- Occasional runs to the Northeast (The Northeast is considered to be NJ and PA)
- We do not go into CT, RI, MA, NH, VT, ME, Canada and NY state. (NYC runs are limited and optional)
- Home EVERY Week; 36 - 48 hours at home (with the option of being out longer and averaging higher miles)
- 84% of our Regional Drivers are home by noon on Saturdays.
- 100% NO-TOUCH freight
- PrePass Plus
- Rider program (legal spouse only)
- Family & individual Cigna medical coverage with 2 choices (PPO or high deductible health plan), dental, vision, prescription and hearing benefits package ALL starting as low as:
$30.55 per week for single coverage
$75.70 per week for family
With the option of even lower medical premiums if you participate in the upcoming year's wellness initiatives.
- 8 paid holidays (after 90 days)
- Paid Time Off (PTO/ vacation) up to 8 weeks
- Wellness programs available
- Associate discounts (on vehicles, computers, cell phone service, etc.)
- Company-paid life insurance and short-term disability benefits
- Flexible spending accounts
- Wells Fargo banking products
- Profit sharing, Traditional and Roth 401(k)
- Company provided professional uniforms
- Averitt smartphone app for our drivers to download; assists with communication & convenience
- Driver Support Specialists located at our Service Centers to assist our drivers & help with concerns face to face
- Red Thinkin' Rewards- points program that encourages you to meet specific fuel & service goals and in return earn points towards a selection of over 12,000 gift items.
- Referral rewards- cash bonuses for referrals
Averitt Express is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.