<< Back to Classifieds Listing
CDL-A Dedicated Truck Driver - DPE Meridian MS - 149154
Looking for an excellent FLATBED opportunity? It doesn't get any better than this!
Averitt has an immediate opening for a full-time flatbed CDL-A driver to help serve our dedicated customer in the Meridian, MS area.
Drivers for this account must live within a 100 mile radius from the Averitt Service Center.
As a CDL-A truck driver for this account, you'll:
- Deliver portable storage units from the Averitt service center in Meridian to our customer's several storage facilities (19+).
- Coverage area of MS, AL, GA, TN and LA.
- Receive forklift training as loading of the portable storage units may be necessary.
- After that it's just strapping, un-strapping and driving until your day is complete!
- Average 2,300- 2,500 miles per week
- Average 5 - 20 stops per week; stop pay of $20 per stop
- Saturdays are mandatory
- Most routes will be local deliveries and will be home daily; there will be a few routes that require a HOS break in the tractor.
Experienced CDL-A Driver Pay:
- Start pay of .44 cpm; top out pay of .45 cpm (reached within 6 months)
- Average $1,100 per week
Check out these benefits of being a full-time Averitt CDL-A Driver:
- Family & individual Cigna medical coverage with 2 choices (PPO or high deductible health plan), dental, vision, prescription and hearing benefits package ALL starting as low as:
$75.70 per week for family
$30.55 per week for single coverage
With the option of even lower medical premiums if you participate in the upcoming year's wellness initiatives.
- Paid orientation in Cookeville, TN with free lodging, transportation and meals
- Associate discounts (on vehicles, computers, cell phone service, etc.)
- Company-paid life insurance and short-term disability benefits
- 8 paid holidays (after 90 days)
- Paid Time Off (PTO/ vacation) up to 8 weeks
- Uniform program- Averitt will provide
- Profit sharing, Traditional and Roth 401(k)
- Referral rewards program
- Weekly direct payroll deposits
- Flexible spending accounts
- Wells Fargo banking products
- Wellness programs available
- Paid orientation in Cookeville, TN with free lodging, transportation and most meals
- A professional atmosphere with quality people since 1971!
Averitt's fleet includes local, dedicated, and regional positions. Drivers have the opportunity to change their driving preferences as their careers progress, including opportunities in operations and leadership.
Averitt Express is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law