We're looking for CDL-ADedicated drivers to help serve our sporting goods customer in Katy, TX.
This excellent CDL-A driving career entails:
- Driver will pick up outbound loads at the customer's distribution center in Katy, TX
- 2 to 4 runs per week to Brownsville, TX; additional store deliveries as required.
- Average 344 miles/ 688 miles round trip
- All pickups are drop & hook loads and most deliveries to stores are drop & hook as well.
- After deliveries, drivers will make pick-ups at designated vendor locations to return to distribution center.
- In some cases the driver may pick up a 3rd party shipper and deliver before returning to distribution center.
- Average 6 stops per week; $10 per stop.
- 2- 3 days of home time per week + weekends
- Average 1,850 miles per week.
Experienced CDL-A Drivers (with 6 months of solo driving experience):
- Starting pay is .43 cpm; top-out at .44 cpm within 12 months
Check out these benefits of being a full-time Averitt CDL-A Driver:
- Family & individual Cigna medical coverage with 2 choices (PPO or high deductible health plan), dental, vision, prescription and hearing benefits package ALL starting as low as:
$75.70 per week for family
$30.55 per week for single coverage
With the option of even lower medical premiums if you participate in the upcoming year's wellness initiatives.
- 8 paid holidays (after 90 days).
- Paid Time Off (PTO/ vacation) up to 8 weeks.
- Profit sharing and 401(k) plans.
- Wellness programs available
- Company-paid life insurance and short-term disability benefits.
- Company provided professional uniforms
- Wells Fargo banking products.
- Flexible spending accounts.
- Wellness programs available.
- Other career advancement opportunities within Averitt.
- Paid orientation in Cookeville, TN with free lodging, transportation and meals.
- Red Thinkin' Rewards- points program that encourages you to meet specific fuel & service goals and in return earn points towards a selection of over 12,000 gift items.
- Referral rewards- cash bonuses for referrals
- Weekly direct payroll deposits.
- Associate discounts (on vehicles, computers, cell phone service, etc.).
- A professional atmosphere with quality people since 1971!
Averitt's fleet includes local, dedicated, and regional positions. Drivers have the opportunity to change their driving preferences as their careers progress, including opportunities in operations and leadership.
Averitt Express is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.