Now hiring CDL-A Drivers with 4+ months of tractor trailer experience & recent trucking school graduates!
Averitt has an opportunity to join our team as a CDL-A Dedicated Driver to help serve our customer located in Marshall, Texas.
As a CDL-A truck driver for this account, you will:
- Pick up a preloaded trailer of retail hardware supplies at the customer's distribution center in Marshall, TX.
- Average 2 - 3 loads per week.
- With 6 - 10 stops per load
- Delivering mostly palletized freight (with some loose pieces) to the customer's stores throughout TX, OK, LA, AR, MS, FL, AL, GA & NM.
- Once empty, you'll return to the DC to pick up another load.
- In some cases you will either pick up a vendor load back to the customer or a 3rd party backhaul load, in some cases you may return empty.
- Inside deliveries are not required
- There is some loading/unloading using a manual pallet jack to transfer palletized freight to the rear of the trailer or to the ground with lift gate and hand off pipe and loose pieces.
- Starting pay is .42cpm (Hub miles!); top out pay is .45 cpm (reached in 12 months)
- Average 2,000 miles per week!
- Drivers on this account average $1,100/ week
- Average 20 stops per week paid at $20 per stop
- Mostly Monday through Friday runs
- Earliest dispatch is Sunday afternoon or Monday
- You'll be getting home from your runs Friday afternoon or Saturday; with occasional midweek home time
- Occasional mandatory local runs (1-2 times a week) are paid at up to $16.50/hour (does not include stop pay)
- $75 Layover pay (when applicable)
- $15 per hour Detention pay (when applicable and after two hours)
- Some midweek home time
Paid Training Programs:
Driving School Grads:
Must have graduated from one of our approved truck driving schools in the previous 180 days.
Students will also earn a $4,800 tuition assistance bonus! Payable after completing orientation at a rate of $150 per month for the first 12 months and $250 for months 13 - 24.
If you have less than 6 months solo driving experience OR have been outside of the truck for a while, we have a paid training program tailored for each level of experience. Your recruiter will be able to tell you the best training program for you.
Regardless of the amount of training needed you will be paid eight hundred dollars per week while training; training time is 1- 5 weeks. After training you will start at .42 cpm.
Check out these benefits of being a full-time Averitt CDL-A driver:
- Family & individual Cigna medical coverage with 2 choices (PPO or high deductible health plan), dental, vision, prescription and hearing benefits package ALL starting as low as:
$75.70 per week for family
$30.55 per week for single coverage
With the option of even lower medical premiums if you participate in the upcoming year's wellness initiatives.
- Paid orientation in Cookeville, TN with free lodging, transportation and meals
- Associate discounts (on vehicles, computers, cell phone service, etc.)
- Company-paid life insurance and short-term disability benefits
- 8 paid holidays (after 90 days)
- Paid Time Off (PTO/ vacation) up to 8 weeks
- Uniform program- Averitt will provide
- Profit sharing, Traditional and Roth 401(k)
- Referral rewards program
- Weekly direct payroll deposits
- Flexible spending accounts
- Wells Fargo banking products
- Wellness programs available
- Paid orientation in Cookeville, TN with free lodging, transportation and most meals
- A professional atmosphere with quality people since 1971!
Averitt Express is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.