<< Back to Classifieds Listing
CDL Driver / Phlebotomist | $3000 Sign On Bonus | Bend Oregon
Are you seeking a full-time opportunity that makes a difference? Are you passionate about meeting new people? Do you want to have an impact in your community, across the country, and around the world? If your answer is “yes”, then we invite you to become a Phlebotomist/Bus Driver for the American Red Cross!
From transporting and setting up blood collection equipment at work sites, to drawing blood from donors, as a Phlebotomist/Bus Driver with the American Red Cross you will work all aspects of blood drives at schools, offices & churches. No experience necessary — our paid training is a mix of classroom instruction and field practice.
- Balance production, donor care & quality requirements to meet daily blood collection goals
- Take the time to personally connect with donors – listen to their stories and help them understand the value of their donation
- Be detail oriented all day, every day, to ensure that the blood you collect meets regulatory requirements and can be safely transfused
- Remain flexible to work a highly variable schedule that includes early start times, late end times, weekends & holidays to meet the needs of our blood drive sponsors and donors.
- Take care of your team members – show up for every shift and give 100% while you're there
- Contribute to a friendly and fun environment. Team up with your co-workers to keep our donors coming back again and again
- Interact in a positive, proactive and customer-focused manner with both internal and external customers, demonstrating care and compassion at all times.
The aforementioned responsibilities of the Phlebotomist/Bus Driver describe the general nature and level of work and are not an exhaustive list.
For more information and to apply, visit:
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Customer service experience, effective verbal communication, and public relations skills are required.
- Ability to load, drive and unload vehicles with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Medical assistant or phlebotomy training preferred but not required.
- For the CDL Driver/Phlebotomist: A current, valid driver's license, Commercial Driver's License (CDL) and good driving record is required. In accordance with DOT regulations, drivers must be at least 21 years of age.
- For the Mobile Phlebotomist: A current, valid driver's license and good driving record is required. Experience driving large vehicles strongly preferred.
- Basic computer skills are desirable.
- Physical requirements may include the ability to lift up to 50 lbs, squatting, push or pull heavy weights up and down ramps and stairs, good manual dexterity, and the ability to sit or stand for long periods of time.
- All staff work as a team to setup and tear down the equipment required to conduct a Bus blood drive. This involves pushing carts up to 250 lbs, setting up beds and handling many totes containing equipment and snacks for the donors.
- Flexibility to work long, irregular hours and frequent schedule changes.
- Ability to travel overnight 2 – 3 nights required.