<< Back to Classifieds Listing
Class A Driver in Road Construction | Great Pay & Great Benefits
Class A Driver in Road Construction (Great Pay & Great Benefits)
This position is responsible for the operation of the Asphalt Macropaver. This is a road construction position that travels with a road construction crew around the western states. Operators control the flow of equipment to the operators and labor helpers. Communication with the Paver Operator, truck drivers, traffic control operators and general laborers is critical.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Strong sense of responsibility regarding timely and accurate completion of work, and a strong commitment to corporate goals. Capable of functioning in fast paced demanding working environment.
- Drive truck to destination.
- Understand and execute company policy regarding customer service, environmental compliance and public relations.
- Complete Pre/Post and road side vehicle inspections routinely.
- Maintain vehicle in compliance with Preventative Maintenance Schedule to minimize abuse and minimize unnecessary costs.
- Demonstrates total competency involving loading and unloading procedures for VSS Emultech.
- Have thorough knowledge of all paperwork requirements.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of vendors, distributors, employees of the organization.
- Operate equipment within active job-sites as part of a fast moving, highly skilled crew.
- Communicate with other team members your ideas and contribute to the solutions.
- Travel up to seven states is required, up to 2 to 3 weeks at a time with crew.
- Follow appropriate safety procedures for transporting dangerous goods.
- Maintain logs of working hours or of vehicle service or repair status, following applicable state and federal regulations.
- Perform basic vehicle maintenance tasks, such as adding oil, fuel, or radiator fluid or performing minor repairs.
- Crank trailer landing gear up or down to safely secure vehicles.
- Check conditions of trailers after contents have been unloaded to ensure that there has been no damage.
- Report vehicle defects, accidents, traffic violations, or damage to the vehicles.
- Check vehicles to ensure that mechanical, safety, and emergency equipment is in good working order.
- Shuttle Macropavers between crew and stockpile.
- Maintain the material levels in the Macropavers in order to keep ground crews working. This includes but is no limited to fuel and material levels.
- Other duties as assigned.
Pay: Prevailing Wage