<< Back to Classifieds Listing
TRANSPORTATION DRIVER | NORTH SALT LAKE CITY, UTAH
Albertsons Companies is working to become the favorite food and drug retailer in every market it serves. The organization includes 2,230 stores, 27 distribution facilities and 19 manufacturing plants with over 250,000 employees across 34 states and the District of Columbia. The company is privately owned with supermarkets across the country that include: Albertsons, Safeway, Vons, Pavilions, Randalls, Tom Thumb, Carrs, ACME, Jewel-Osco, Lucky, Shaw’s, Star Market, Super Saver, United Supermarkets, Market Street and Amigos.
The North Salt Lake Distribution Center, located in North Salt Lake City, Utah, has openings for Transportation Grocery Drivers.
Delivers grocery products to retail sites on both local and long-distance routes by operating a tractor-trailer combination.
- Mileage Pays $0.49 Singles, $0.51 Doubles
- No pay tiers – you make top pay day 1
- More home time, out and back next day, no more than 1 layover per run
- Mileage runs pay Miles, Hooks, Stops, & Meals
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Delivers grocery products, including refrigerated and frozen to retail units by operating a tractor-trailer combination.
- Performs pre-trip inspection on the tractor and trailer per DOT regulations which includes a visual inspection of the tractor-trailer for visible damage.
- Lifts the dock plate into place to unload the truck with the assistance of store personnel. On occasion may restack a pallet load that has fallen over during transport or may unstack top cases to allow the pallet to exit the truck using proper body mechanics.
- Completes federally regulated documents associated with operating a tractor-trailer to include the on-board computer.
- Follow company procedures. Ensure a safe work environment.
- Responsible for performing all job duties with honesty and integrity.
- Minimum of 2 years driving over the road experience
- Doubles experience preferred
- Current Class A CDL
- Knowledge of refrigerated trailer operations
- Knowledge of DOT Regulations
- Must possess the appropriate licenses as defined by the Department of Transportation rules and regulations, as well as meeting all the other criteria defined by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety regulations.
- Manual dexterity, overall coordination and good balance are required. Ability to stand, walk and move on concrete floors while unloading products at each stop. Ability to sit for the maximum amount during long distance routes (up to 11 hours). Ability to lift a minimum amount of 10 pounds up to the maximum of 100 pounds for reloading pallets, connecting the dock plate, removing empty pallets and pushing pallets with a manual jack using proper body mechanics. Ability to push and pull a full pallet up to 2000 pounds up to 100 feet. Ability to pull tractor hoods open to check engine. Ability to climb into the tractor with the aid of steps at heights of 21, 39 and 55 inches using 3-points of contact.
- Ability to endure such physical demands as walking across sloped surfaces, neck flexion/extension, cervical rotation, driving a vehicle, wrist rotation and removing pallets from the trailer.
- Ability to use such equipment as a hand operated and electric pallet jack.
- Ability to withstand sudden temperature changes, fumes, cramped quarters, and vibration.
- Ability to be inside the facility or tractor 90% of the shift and outside 10% of the shift.
- May have multiple stops for a long haul.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this classification; they are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We foster an inclusive working environment where the different strengths and perspectives of each employee is both recognized and valued. We believe that building successful relationships with our customers and our communities is only possible through the diversity of our people. And a diverse workforce leads to better teamwork and creative thinking, as well as mutual understanding and respect.
We provide employment, training, compensation, promotion and other conditions of employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status or any other legally protected status.
We support a drug-free workplace – all applicants offered a position are required to pass a pre-employment drug test before they are hired.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER