Matheson, a leading manufacturer, processor, retail sales and distributor of welding gases and supplies has the following opportunity available at our Washington, IN facility.
***$5,000.00 RETENTION BONUS***
Primary customers are hospitals, commercial food processors, and various government agencies. Job requires long hours while remaining DOT compliant. Set schedule, with 2 consecutive days off. Night shifts, weekends, holidays, and extended-stays as needed. The position is primarily local, but candidates must be able to adjust to changes in schedules as needs arise. Under the supervision of the local Terminal Manager the Bulk Driver position is responsible for the safe and efficient movement of commercial motor vehicles owned and/or operated by Matheson Tri-Gas. Ultimately responsible for the safe and efficient handling of liquefied Oxygen, Nitrogen, and Argon gases to Matheson Tri-Gas customer locations and production facilities as assigned. This position reports to the Terminal Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Safe loading and unloading of cryogenic liquids (oxygen, nitrogen and argon.)
- Practice safe driving techniques on a daily basis while operating Matheson Tri-Gas vehicles to prevent of work-related accidents and injuries.
- Reporting of all accidents and unsafe acts/conditions (near misses) while performing normal duties.
- Comply with all company and customer safety policies and procedures as well as company employment policies and practices. Understand all company standard operating procedures, departmental work instructions, and local work instructions that affect the performance of their duties.
- Completion and submission of all required regulatory compliance and company documents in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Responsible for accurate and timely communication to appropriate individuals and/or departments concerning matters involving customer service, scheduling delays, customer site discrepancies, equipment defects and other relevant issues to the operations in general. Develop a good working knowledge of the Xatanet communication system and the fleet advisor software program requirements.
- Must obtain and understand scheduling information from dispatchers and planners and adhere to schedule instructions. Communicate scheduling delays and/or unforeseen circumstances that could have an adverse impact on terminal operations.
- Maintain a professional appearance and consistently demonstrate professional standards when performing duties. Develop good working relationships with all - Matheson Tri-Gas Customers and maintain these relationships on a consistent basis.
- Must report for duty in a readiness to work at assigned time.
- Perform other projects and duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Applicants must have a minimum of two years, tractor and semi-trailer experience and the ability to provide verification of experience.
- Class A driver hauling 48' Maintain a qualified CDL license to operate a tractor and semi-trailer with hazardous materials, tanker, and air brake endorsements.
- Possess a valid CDL to operate a tractor and semi-trailer with Hazardous Materials, Tanker and Air Brake endorsements. Have a minimum of three years, tractor and semi-trailer experience and the ability to provide verification of experience.
- Have a past history of a safe driving record.
- Ability to demonstrate competence in the handling of a commercial motor vehicle and its associated equipment during the pre-employment road test.
- Ability to drive manual transmission.
- Ability to work a five-day schedule per Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations hours of service rules.
- Able to maintain physical qualifications as required by Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations.
- Able to stand, lift, and stoop as duties required in accordance with Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations driver vehicle inspections and product loading and unloading procedures.
- Able to work a flexible schedule to include: nights, weekends, holidays, extended-stays, and team operation as needed.
- Able to adjust to changes in schedules as needs arise.
- Ability to understand and a willingness to work within all guidelines and requirements of the Federal Motor Safety Regulations.
- Able to operate delivery and loading equipment in all types of weather conditions.
- Must have the ability to acquire acceptable competency in safe handling practices of cryogenic liquids (loading, transport, and unloading).
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
|Driver Types||Company Driver|
|Address||West Mifflin, PA|