Medical Delivery Associate
Responsible for driving transportation routes for the distribution of pharmaceutical and medical devices according to company established guidelines and policies.
- Loads and secures products in the pre-assigned vehicle prior to departing for a scheduled or unscheduled route, and properly unloads the assigned vehicle upon returning from a scheduled or unscheduled route. (Note - scheduled and unscheduled routes may regularly require overnight stays that are greater than one night).
- Drives routes efficiently (i.e., follows the established route plan, reads maps, follows directions, and delivers/pick-ups product at the correct hospital campus/department), and immediately communicates any noteworthy exceptions to Customer Service and the Branch Manager.
- Abides by all Department of Transportation (DOT) Regulations and ensures all required documentation is with the vehicle (proof of insurance, fuel card, vehicle registration, etc.).
- Ensures proper delivery of product(s) on the customer order
- Ensures that all driver logs and trip reports are completed timely and accurately.
- Conveys a friendly, positive and professional image to both the internal (e.g., customer service department) and external customer (e.g., the account).
- Responsible for warehousing, Inventory Control, Distribution and Administrative activities.
- Creates appropriate paperwork for inbound/outbound transactions and retrieves route information from the network. etc.), as well as all company Standard Operation Procedures (SOPs).
- Pick orders, handles returns from a customer, and enters INOmeter downloads.
- Prepares 3rd party shipments, as well as contacts the appropriate carrier in a timely manner, and prepares the required paperwork to ensure compliance with all federal regulations.
- Ensures that all warehouse and administrative functions are completed in accordance with company SOPs.
Education / Experience / Skills:
- High School Diploma or equivalent, plus a minimum of 2 years of Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) experience.
- Must possess a Class A, B or C Commercial Driver’s License with a Hazmat and airbrake endorsement
- History of compliance with DOT regulations
- Required to pass a DOT physical and obtain a DOT certification.
- Must have a thorough knowledge of applicable Federal Regulations (cGMP, DOT, IATA, OSHA)
- Must have proficient computer skills, ideally with experience using SAP, Oracle or equivalent ERP system, Warehouse Management System.
- Overnight travel required.
- Navigate and perform transactions in SAP accurately
- Maintain a clean driver record
- Detail oriented
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Does not have direct reports
- Interfacing directly with Mallinckrodt customers
- Communicates with customer care and routing departments on a daily basis.
- Kneeling, bending, sitting for sustained periods of time, pushing, pulling, lifting, fingering, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, repetitive motion, light work (exerting up to 40 lbs of force occasionally and 10 lbs of force frequently) visual acuity, subject to indoor and outdoor environmental conditions.
- Exiting and entering cab of vehicle.