Matheson, a leading manufacturer, processor, retail sales and distributor of welding gases and supplies has the following opportunity available at our Moorefield, WV facility.
Package Gas Driver 1
** HOME EVERY NIGHT** RETENTION BONUS $2,000.00!!
DIVISION & UNIT OVERVIEW
Matheson is a member of one of the world's largest suppliers of gases and gas handling equipment. Matheson is a premier supplier of Industrial, Specialty and Medical Gases, Welding and Safety Supplies, as well as Propane in bulk and cylinder form.
This position is responsible for the transportation of materials in a safe and timely manner by applying knowledge for commercial driving regulations, and roads in the area. The professional driver will be responsible for driving to and from designated locations, verifying loads to shipping papers, maintaining records of duty status according to State and Federal Regulations, and performing pre-trip and post-trip inspections. Must present a professional business image to the public as well as fellow employees. Must possess a valid commercial Class B Drivers' License, Hazmat, Air Brake Endorsements, and Medical card; packaged gas straight truck driver; to include pumper, micro-bulk. Class A Drivers' License & Tanker Endorsements preferred. This position reports to the Site Manager or Operations Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Transports cylinders to assigned internal and external customers in a timely and safety conscious manner. Stays within all posted speed limits and complies with all DOT and company safety policies and procedures.
2. Performs pre-trip and post-trip inspections on the vehicle. Maintains the vehicle in a clean and proper condition.
3. Legibly completes driver log/trip reports on a daily basis.
4. Responsible for accurate recording of cylinders/hard-goods transactions on customer delivery tickets and trip reports.
5. Maintains good communications with supervisor and management especially safety and customer matters.
6. Operates / Drives forklift truck as required for loading and unloading of product.
7. Sets tone for employees by good example through observation of the company's Loss prevention policies and procedures. Reports accidents including near misses, unsafe acts or conditions and obeys safety rules.
8. Uses effective time management tools in order to follow through on work commitments and scheduled deadlines associated with own job; obtains agreement of all stake-holders within a development program to identify issues, minimizes risks at an early stage, ensure safety, and on-time delivery.
9. Participate as an active member of the local safety committee when assigned according to the rotation process.
10. Filling Cryogenic Liquid Dewars.
11. Provide first line technical support.
12. Perform other projects and duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and / or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Matheson is an EO employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability
|Driver Types||Company Driver|
|Trailer Types||Dry Van|
|Address||West Mifflin, PA|