Position Title: Auto Specialist
Position Reports to: Operations Manager
Position Summary: Under general supervision, works closely with managers, customers, drivers and co-workers to coordinate and ensure load commitments are being fulfilled; strives to maintain required customer scorecard metrics; builds valuable relationships with customers; advises team members and ensures that company productivity goals are met when possible and works to maintain mutual respect and professionalism with co-workers and subordinates to sustain a positive team environment.
- Books and plans all automotive loads; ensures scorecard metrics are being met; when needed, covers accounts for other customer service personnel; maintains professional relationships with all customers.
- Works closely with managers, customers, drivers, and co-workers to coordinate and ensure load commitments are being fulfilled; monitors load/driver movement; works closely with auto customers to ensure commitments are met.
- Works with Operations Manager and Director of Operations on building the auto accounts; assists with the bidding process for auto and ensures all documentation and information needed for billing is provided.
- Strives to maintain and improve driver retention efforts at all times; expresses thorough communication to fleet team to clearly express customer and company expectations for each load.
- Participates in company-wide training opportunities to improve self-learning; works to maintain mutual respect and professionalism with co-workers and subordinates to sustain a positive team environment.
- Assists with sales projects involving transport customers and West Side; and serves as a contact person providing information as needed.
- Performs other related duties as requested.
Necessary Qualifications: One year of related experience required. Experience in transportation preferred; experience with computer systems, satellite systems and innovative software experience all beneficial. Problem solving and communication skills desirable.
Physical Qualifications: Ability to lift up to 20 lbs. Long periods of sitting and use of telephone and satellite systems required.