Position Reports to: Director of Logistics
Position Summary: Under general supervision, solicits freight from logistics customers to move nationwide; handles all processes for moving a brokered load from pick-up to delivery; and works with other departments as needed in order to provide complete service to customers.
- Serves as broker to carriers and customers in order to meet expectations of both parties; maintains flow of communication between drivers, West Side and customers; and works to resolve issues that come up during transit to ensure each load is delivered on-time and in the condition it was intended to be.
- Processes loads from the time of receipt from customer to the time of delivery; enters and updates necessary, load information into computer system at time of receipt from customer to keep records accurate; updates all load postings through DAT, ITS, and GETLOADED.COM websites.
- Monitors West Side rate charges through Director of Logistics in order to move shipments at the profitability level required; informs interested customers of rate charges as requested; and determines carrier rates by load basis in order to maintain profit levels.
- Works with Customer Service Department to move excess West Side Transport loads.
- Maintains updated carrier information in computer system.
- May be requested to prospect areas for new logistics customers.
- Performs other related duties as requested.
Necessary Qualifications: One-year experience required in Logistics/Customer Service in the transportation industry or related field; AS/400 experience preferred; ability to type 40 w.p.m. preferred; excellent customer service and communication skills required.
Physical Qualifications: Sitting, talking on the phone and entering data into the computer for extended periods of time required.