West Side Transport is currently seeking to build to our team of mechanics. This team is the driving force that keeps our fleet of tractors and trailers moving safely and efficiently across this great country. Through hard work and dedication to equipment maintenance, West Side Transport mechanics have influence on the safety, functionality, and company presentation of our equipment. Our mechanics are an essential part of our overall daily operations here at West Side Transport.
West Side Transport vehicle maintenance department, offers great benefits, high standards of craftsmanship and a wonderful work environment.
Essential Functions and Necessary Qualifications
* West Side Transport has a preferred age of 18 years or older for mechanics
* Mechanics must possess tractor and trailer repair experience
* Perform Safety Inspections of tractors and trailers
* Perform Preventive Maintenance on diesel tractors
* Perform Preventive Maintenance on all trailers.
* Must have knowledge and understanding of Air Brake System and ABS components
* Must have knowledge and understanding of AFTS, DEF, and DPF
* Must have knowledge of DOT, EPA, and OSHA rules and regulations
* Mechanics must possess own tools and roll around toolbox
* Safety boots are required
It'd be great if you also have:
* Basic welding skills (such as Oxy/Acetylene, MIG, and ARG)
* Previous or current ASE certifications
Physical Qualifications: Ability to lift up to 100 lbs. Requires ability to stand for long periods, climb in and out of tractors, and climb ladders, such as on trailers, stepping, bending, and working from a reclining position underneath trucks and trailers.
Mental Qualifications: Must be able to read, understand and apply shop manuals, repair manuals and anything else, extraction of data from engines, and some PC use required.
Come join team West Side Transport Maintenance Department!