<< Back to Classifieds Listing
Carrier Sales Rep. (Broker) (7345609)
Carrier Sales Representative (Broker)Position Reports to:
Director of LogisticsPosition Location:
Cedar Rapids, IAPosition Summary:
Under general supervision, works directly with Customer Service Reps to cover all booked loads; solicits carriers (new and existing) to haul booked loads; and works with other departments as needed in order to provide complete service to customers.Essential Functions:
- Serves as broker to load carriers to meet customer expectations; maintains flow of communication between drivers and Customer Service Reps; and works to resolve issues that come up during loads to ensure each load is delivered on-time and in the condition, it was intended to be.
- Processes loads from the time of entry into AS/400; updates all load postings throught DAT, and other load posting web-sites as instructed.
- Monitors West Side rate charges and market shifts; and works with carriers to maintain profit levels.
- Works with Customer Service department in order to move excess loads.
- Maintains updated carrier information in computer system.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.Necessary Qualifications:
One-year experience in the area of Customer Service or related field required; AS/400 experience preferred; ability to type 40 w.p.m. preferred; excellent customer service and communication skills required.
The above statements reflect the general duties of the posiiton and describe the principal functions and may be adjusted according to the business environment as seen fit by management.
Submit resume to AmyJ@westsidetransport.com