<< Back to Classifieds Listing
Dispatcher 2nd Shift (7345593)
Position Title: Dispatcher 2nd Shift
Position Reports to: Night/Weekend Supervisor
Under general supervision, works closely with managers, customers, drivers, and co-workers to coordinate and ensure load commitments are being fulfilled; provides an accurate flow of information between first shift, 2nd shift, and 3rd shift staff members; and works to maintain mutual respect and professionalism with co-workers and subordinates to sustain a positive team environment.Essential Functions:
- Works closely with managers, customers, drivers and co-workers to coordinate and ensure load commitments are being fulfilled; monitors load/driver movement and coordinates relays as necessary; determines driver capacity to carry out specific assignments to meet customer needs; and determines alternate plans in the threat of service shortfalls.
- Provides an accurate flow of information between first shift, 2nd shift, and 3rd shift staff members; communicates with customers any conflicts or schedule changes which may arise which may affect West Side's ability to fulfill customers' expectations; and consults and communicates with Customer Service department any obligations which need to be met from all involved parties.
- Identifies potential service problems and works to resolve them in a timely manner in order to effectively keep freight moving; and improves utilization through better load assignment, setting contingency plans, and understanding unique characteristics of individual customers and drivers.
- Trains with other related departments as necessary according to company needs; participates in company wide training opportunities to improve self learning; and works to maintain mutual respect and professionalism with co-workers and subordinates to sustain a positive team environment.
- Performs other related duties as requested.Necessary Qualifications:
Six months management experience required. Operations in transportation, computer systems, satellite systems and innovative software experience all beneficial. Problem solving and communications skills desirable.Physical Qualifications:
Ability to lift up to 20 lbs. Long periods of sitting and use of telephone and satellite systems required.
The above statements reflect the general duties of the position and describe the principal functions and may be adjusted according to the business environment as seen fit by management.
Submit resume to AmyJ@westsidetransport.com