<< Back to Classifieds Listing
Driver - Class A CDL - Morgantown WV
Job ID 2019-5511
Employment Type Regular Part-Time
Shift Day or Night
Do you have experience driving a Tractor Trailer combination? Does a $2000 sign on bonus sound exciting? Savage is in need of a Class A driver at our Morgantown, WV Operation.
Savage offers competitive benefits that include being home every night, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short and long term disability, retirement plans, paid time off and opportunities for future growth, to the RIGHT DRIVER. The primary responsibility of the driver is to safely and efficiently transport coal and ash in the Northern West Virginia area.
Please call 304-599-0566 if you would like to join us!
- Transport coal and ash safely and efficiently to and from sites to customers
- The Tractor/Trailer Driver will work with dispatch in obtaining schedule and completing all hauls as assigned by dispatch
- Work with the Mechanics to schedule maintenance
- Drivers will work with mechanics to ensure the safe operation of the equipment
- Responsible for the cleanliness and condition of the truck and trailers used
- The Tractor/Trailer Driver will complete pre and post trip inspections and ensure all equipment used meets operational standards
- All drivers are required to accurately complete all necessary paperwork to complete the job including hours of service records, pre and post trip inspection reports, haul sheets, bill of lading and any other documents as required
- All employees will represent Savage in a professional manner at all times
- Driving record acceptable to Savage
- Must be Drug Free and able to pass a criminal background test
- Can successfully pass Savage's road test, which will include a proper pre and post trip inspection of the vehicle
- Have experience using e-logs, or have the willingness to learn
- Must show a basic knowledge of DOT regulations as determined in interviews and be willing and able to work within the hours of service regulations
- Shows interest as a team player, and is observed to be safe and conscientious in the workplace
- Class A CDL is required
- 2 years' experience driving tractor/trailer combination is preferred
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds or more on a daily basis
- Must be able to climb on elevated surfaces, bend, stoop and kneel
- Cannot have a fear of heights, will have to climb on ladders as necessary
- The Driver must be able to climb in and out of cab 20 or more times per shift
Qualified candidates must be able to pass an extensive background check, MVR, Pre-Employment Drug Screen, and Physical. Full time position with a competitive benefits package.
With more than 70 years' experience in hundreds of locations across North America and internationally, Savage is a trusted partner for safely moving and managing mission-critical materials with worry-free consistency while creating value for our Customers. Savage specializes in rail, truck and marine transportation, logistics, materials handling and other industrial and environmental services. We Hire Right , Train Right and Treat Right , and strive to provide our Team Members with opportunities to do things they never dreamed possible.Savage offers competitive benefits that include: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short and long term disability, a retirement plan, paid time off and opportunities for growth.
Savage is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug free workplace.