<< Back to Classifieds Listing
Class A CDL Driver - Up to $5K Signing Incentive - Elko NV
Job ID 2019-5785
Employment Type Regular Full-Time
LOCAL ROUTES - HOME DAILY - GREAT PAY & BENEFITS!
Savage Services in Northern Nevada is looking for Class A professional drivers who are looking for a career and a place to call home. We offer double pneumatic, bottom dump and Haz-Mat loads to qualified candidates. The primary responsibility of the Class A CDL driver will be to complete hauls as assigned in a safe and efficient manner to meet & exceed customer expectations.
We are offering up to a $5,000 Sign-On & Retention Bonus*!
*Paid out over the first year of employment
We are also offering a relocation bonus of up to $1,500.
We also offer: QUARTERLY BONUSES, PROFIT SHARING, PAID TIME OFF, medical, dental, vision, short / long term disability, life insurance plans, retirement plans, and opportunities for career advancement!
For more information, send resumes to email@example.com
or call us at 775-777-1755
Day and Night shifts available
- Drivers will utilize Class A CDL, Tanker, and Double & Triples Endorsements to locally transport material as dispatched
- Drivers will perform pre and post-inspections, accurately complete paperwork, and fuel and clean inside of trucks
- Drivers will be safety conscious and understand safe work practices for operating in different environments and contribute to Savage's Culture of Safety. Nothing Trumps Safety!
- Drivers will assist the operation with other tasks deemed necessary to meet customer expectations
- Interact with mine site customers in a professional manner
- Be trained and operate heavy equipment as needed
- Have fun and enjoy your work
- Current Class A CDL with Tanker and Doubles & Triples endorsements a plus
- Six months driving experience required to qualify for LCV training
- Pneumatic experience a plus, but will train
- End dump experience is a plus, but also willing to train
- Experience driving in the snow and ice; tire chaining will be required
- HazMat jobs available but HazMat certification is not required
- Heavy experience is a plus, but not required
- Ability to climb into and out of cab multiple times per shift
- Ability to maneuver and connect heavy hoses
- Ability to lift 50#
- Ability to drive and work in adverse weather conditions and
- Ability to apply snow chains to tires
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time
- Ability to work at heights
- Ability to walk on uneven surfaces
With more than 70 years' experience in hundreds of locations across North America and internationally, Savage is a trusted partner for safely moving and managing mission-critical materials with worry-free consistency while creating value for our Customers. Savage specializes in rail, truck and marine transportation, logistics, materials handling and other industrial and environmental services. We Hire Right , Train Right and Treat Right , and strive to provide our Team Members with opportunities to do things they never dreamed possible.Savage offers competitive benefits that include: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short and long term disability, a retirement plan, paid time off and opportunities for growth.
Savage is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug free workplace.