<< Back to Classifieds Listing
Class A CDL Driver - Local - El Dorado KS
Job ID 2019-5887
Safely operate a tractor-trailer to handle the loading, unloading and delivering procedures necessary to transport molten Sulphur in the refinery.
- Up to $55k per year
- Local work, home every day
- New Equipment
- Accrued PTO beginning first day
- Built in overtime every week
- 10 paid holidays
- Excellent benefits (health, dental, vision, 401k)
- Consistent schedule
- And most of all... STABILITY
- Assist the operation with other tasks deemed necessary to meet customer expectations.
- Safe operation of all equipment on the road (DOT/Company regulations).
- Report maintenance issue to the maintenance crew.
- Take an active role in our safety program including attendance to all safety meetings and ensure safe behaviors of self and subordinates
Ideal candidate will have experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Class A CDL with TANKER & HAZMAT endorsements
- Understand best practices of maintaining and safely operating tractor trailers
- Safety conscious and understand safe work practices for a refinery and on the road
- Be able to read, write, speak and understand English and follow written and/or verbal instructions
- Comfortable with heights including the ability to walk up and down ladders on trailers
- Can successfully pass Savage's road test, which will include a proper pre and post trip inspection of the vehicles
- Must show a basic knowledge of DOT regulations as determined in interviews
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds or more on a daily basis
- Must be able to climb on elevated surfaces, bend, stoop and kneel
- Cannot have a fear of heights, will have to climb on ladders as necessary
- The Driver must be able to climb in and out of cab 20 or more times per shift
With more than 70 years' experience in hundreds of locations across North America and internationally, Savage is a trusted partner for safely moving and managing mission-critical materials with worry-free consistency while creating value for our Customers. Savage specializes in rail, truck and marine transportation, logistics, materials handling and other industrial and environmental services. We Hire Right , Train Right and Treat Right , and strive to provide our Team Members with opportunities to do things they never dreamed possible.For more information, email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Clark at 316 323 3972Savage offers competitive benefits that include: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short and long term disability, a retirement plan, paid time off and opportunities for growth.
Savage is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug free workplace.