<< Back to Classifieds Listing
Driver - Class A CDL - Up to $2K Sign-on Bonus! - Oakland MD - 377063
Job ID 2019-5948
Employment Type Regular Full-Time
Are you tired of over the road jobs? With Savage, you can be home every night!
Savage is now hiring Class A CDL Drivers who enjoy a full package of BENEFITS, including QUARTERLY bonuses, annual profit sharing, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability, paid time off, and life insurance plans! If you are ready to join our team, please call 301-334-1250.
*** This position offers a $2000 sign on bonus!
The major responsibility of the Class A CDL Driver is to safely and efficiently transport material from mines and power plants.
- Partner with dispatch in safely transporting material from mines, power plants
- Utilize the Class A CDL
- Assist the operation with other tasks deemed necessary to meet customer expectations
- Report maintenance issues to the maintenance crew; understand our critical service requirements and see they are met
- Take an active role in our safety program including attendance to all safety meetings and ensure safe behaviors of self and others
- Ensure impeccable customer service and utilize strong communication and interpersonal relationship skills
- On occasion they may be asked to assist another operation on a temporary basis
- Potentially participate in the Safety Specialist program; this would possibly require travel to other locations
- Class A CDL is required
- Experience driving in the snow and ice a must
- Willingness to work days or nights and willing to work weekends
- Must be Drug Free and able to pass a criminal background test; also should have a nearly spotless MVR
- A solid and stable work history, please include a 10 year work history on the application
- Safety conscious and understand safe work practices for operating in different environments: mountainous roads, in-plant facilities, etc.
- Willingness to learn and participate in an employee based safety program and willing to contribute to Savage's culture of Safety
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English
- Can successfully pass Savage's road test, which will include a proper pre and post trip inspection of the vehicles
- Must show a basic knowledge of DOT regulations as determined in interviews and be willing and able to work within the hours of service regulations
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Will frequently need to climb in and out of the truck as well as up and down ladders
- Must be able to stoop, kneel, crawl
With more than 70 years' experience in hundreds of locations across North America and internationally, Savage is a trusted partner for safely moving and managing mission-critical materials with worry-free consistency while creating value for our Customers. Savage specializes in rail, truck and marine transportation, logistics, materials handling and other industrial and environmental services. We Hire Right , Train Right and Treat Right , and strive to provide our Team Members with opportunities to do things they never dreamed possible.Savage offers competitive benefits that include: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short and long term disability, a retirement plan, paid time off and opportunities for growth.
Savage is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug free workplace.