<< Back to Classifieds Listing
Class A CDL Driver - Up to 2,500 Signing Incentive - Wellington UT - 377064
Job ID 2019-5945
Employment Type Regular Full-Time
Are you tired of Over the Road jobs? Want to be part of an exciting Team where you can do things you never dreamed possible?
With Savage, you can be home every night and start your path on a real career, not just another job.
Qualified candidates will receive up to a $2,500 sign-on bonus!!
Savage is now hiring a Class A CDL Driver to complete assigned coal hauls in a safe and efficient manner while exceeding customer expectations. This position will work Fridays through Tuesdays and includes a full package of BENEFITS, including QUARTERLY bonuses, annual profit sharing, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability, paid time off, and life insurance plans!
For more information, please call 435-637-8401 or email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to working with you!
- Utilize the Class A-CDL with Doubles & Triples endorsements to locally transport coal
- The Driver performs pre inspections and accurately completes paperwork
- Ensures that the truck meets or exceeds safe operational standards daily and reports any safety issues to the maintenance crew, if needed
- Interact professionally with other Savage Team Members, customer management and personnel on a daily basis. Should have an understanding of customer service and have strong communication and interpersonal relationship skills
- The Driver will assist the operation with other tasks deemed necessary to meet customer expectations
- Current class A CDL with doubles & triples endorsements required
- The Driver will have a minimum of1 year experience driving a double tractor/trailer combination preferred
- Language skills (able to read, write, speak and understand English)
- Work weekends and holidays as scheduled; willingness to work days and/or nights
- Professional demeanor (concerned about safety, quality of job performance & cleanliness; including verbal communications)
- The Driver must be drug/alcohol free and able to pass a criminal background test, drug screen and reference checks
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to climb into and out of cab multiple times per shift
- Ability to bend down and crouch, to ensure latches are secured
- Ability to change a flat tire
- Ability to lift minimum of 50lbs.
- Ability to work in adverse weather conditions
With more than 70 years' experience in hundreds of locations across North America and internationally, Savage is a trusted partner for safely moving and managing mission-critical materials with worry-free consistency while creating value for our Customers. Savage specializes in rail, truck and marine transportation, logistics, materials handling and other industrial and environmental services. We Hire Right , Train Right and Treat Right , and strive to provide our Team Members with opportunities to do things they never dreamed possible.Savage offers competitive benefits that include: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short and long term disability, a retirement plan, paid time off and opportunities for growth.
Savage is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug free workplace.