<< Back to Classifieds Listing
LOCAL | HOME DAILY | CLASS A OR B DRIVERS
Since its inception in 1977, the Food Authority team of highly-skilled employees are dedicated to one simple goal: providing the finest quality products and services to its customers (consider clientele). We strive to satisfy a customer’s needs by ensuring that the freshest, most delicious produce and grocery items are delivered in a timely and efficient manner. Today over four decades later, our family owned, and operated company maintains the 24/7/365 core philosophy and has opened locations in Hauppauge and Oceanside, NY, as well as Jessup, MD and Westborough, MA.
Job Type: Full Time - Exempt
Shift: Overnight (estimated 10 p.m. start – until route complete)
Locations: Hauppauge & Oceanside, NY
Qualifications and Skills:
- Must have a valid commercial driver’s license (Class A or B) with min 1 year driving experience and clean driving record
- Experience driving short and long-distance routes preferred
- Experience driving/reversing into tight dock spaces preferred
- Good knowledge of NYC, NJ, Nassau and Suffolk County roads
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs. (minimum)
- Must be comfortable working OVERNIGHT shift
- Must be certified in Pallet Jack
- Must be reliable and flexible
- Must be able to meet D.O.T. requirements
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check and drug screen
- Audit of truck prior to beginning of route for truck deficiencies and correct loads
- Management of Driver Helper for the entity of the route, Ensure Helper is accountable for their role, follows safety protocols - Seat belt wear, safe lifting for example.
- Drive to each stop on the route, offload delivery using pallet jack. Break down of delivery from pallet jack to hand truck.
- Opening the location, turning off the alarm so location is ready to receive. Bring load into location and offload into cooler, dry goods area or freezer within the store.
- Identify damaged boxes/product and return the damages to the truck, notating the product that was not delivered.
- Lock up and alarm customer location at end of delivery, after removing pallets, trash etc.
- Complete route, maintaining safe driving protocols and safe work methods, while providing high levels of customer service
- Be mindful of the safety of the public when delivering, offloading and driving.
- Maintain log book and EDL as needed
- Daily completion of VIR, highlighting any immediate repairs to be completed and taking vehicle to Ryder location as necessary.
- Responsible for daily route metrics – on -time, late deliveries, damages, missing boxes, accident rates, customer complaints
- If there is a vehicle breakdown or accident, represent the company in professional manner with law enforcement, insurance company and DOT.
- Any additional responsibilities that may come up from time to time.
Apply for Job