Position Title: Load Planner
Position Reports to: Planning Lead
Position Location: Columbus, OH
Position Summary: Under general supervision, preplans trucks based on availability, deadhead mileage, drivers' needs, and transit times; coordinates relays between drivers to help with driver's needs while ensuring freight delivers on time; manages trailer pools and trailer utilization in set regions; performs other related duties as assigned.
- Works with Customer Service Representatives to determine which freight tenders to accept and decline based on truck availability; preplans trucks in their assigned regions based on availability, deadhead mileage, drivers' needs and transit times; plans freight based on the priority of the customer's needs, driver's needs, and using the lead amount of deadhead possible.
- Coordinates local deliveries and pick-ups using Hub/hourly/over the road drivers to ensure service is met.
- Arranges with Driver Mangers, the appropriate loads for each truck based on the driver's needs, hours of availability and transit time of loads; coordinates relays between drivers to help with driver's needs while ensuring freight delivers on time.
- Oversees trailer utilization and allocation within set regions; positions trailers strategically by region to maximize usage and balance trailer pools between drop locations; informs Planning Supervisor and sales department on drop trailer utilization to determine cost efficiency.
- Responsible for minimizing deadhead, maintaining good trailer utilization, directing CSR's on which freight works best for any given day, solving problems brought to them by Driver Managers, Customer Service Representatives and other Planners with the company's best interest in mind.
- Communicates with customers any information that is requested or any questions they may have as needed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Necessary Qualifications: At least two-year's experience in Transportation Customer Service, Load Planning, Dispatching or related field; experience in the field of transportation, travel scheduling, or related field; two years post high school education or military experience; excellent organizational skills; ability to communicate effectively and efficiently with others. Experience using AS/400 preferred.
Physical Qualifications: Sitting, talking on the phone and entering data into computer for extended periods of time
The above statements reflect the general duties of the position and describe the principal functions and may be adjusted according to the business environment as seen fit by management.
Submit resume to HumanResources@WestSideTransport.com
Phone: 319-430-4466 ext 164