Matheson, a leading manufacturer, processor, retail sales and distributor of welding gases and supplies has the following opportunity available at our Falls Creek, PA facility.
Package Gas Driver 1
Individual performs a variety of duties. Fills in where directed and as workload changes, including but not limited to warehouse, fill plant, driving or counter duties. Individual must hold appropriate licensure and certification for each responsibility and be trained appropriately on all operational and safety procedures for each job task. Driving and filling are expected to be the predominant responsibilities.
Reports to Site or Operations Manager/Supervisor. Interacts with customers, Matheson sales, management and other operations personnel.
Filling duties would include:
• Responsible for testing and filling cylinders according to proper procedures.
• Responsible for safely transporting and storing filled cylinders.
• Responsible for maintaining adequate inventory of cylinders.
• Responsible for correctly completing all required forms, logs, reports or checklists.
• Responsible for routine preventative maintenance and basic repair and painting, labeling cylinders.
• Responsible for verifying truckloads to manifest documentation, calibration of filling instruments or equipment, bulk tank inspection.
• Responsible for communicating or associated equipment deficiencies to supervisor.
• Responsibile for service repairs.
• Responsible for installation of propane tanks.
Warehouse duties would include:
• Responsible for shipping and receiving of hard good and cylinders, which includes weighing goods, printing labels and other packing materials, verify contents of inbound materials by comparing purchase orders to packing slips.
• Responsible for material handling of materials in and out of warehouse/stockrooms and showrooms. Both manually, use of dollies, carts and forklifts.
• Responsible for maintaining inventories of materials maintain stock levels and keep inventories neat and orderly.
• Responsible to make recommendations on stock levels to site manager, and restock showroom materials.
• Responsible for housekeeping duties in warehouse and a showroom for both safety and appearance purposes.
• Assist customers and store employees as needed, including answering questions, answering phones, and taking orders.
Counter duties will include:
• Responsible for processing orders.
• Responsible for stocking/pricing products.
• Responsible for shipping and receiving.
• Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Responsible for maintaining the showroom/counter sales area.
• Candidate must present a professional image through personal appearance and conversation.
• Will also follow-up on sales leads.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Driving would include:
• Responsible for loading vehicle to insure efficient routing, delivery following Matheson, DOT and State safe driving laws & procedures.
• Responsible for resolving customer complaints, informing office of customer complaints or other issues.
• Responsible for pick-up, unloading and accurately completing paperwork.
• Responsible for completing/maintaining reports concerning deliveries and vehicle inspections and preparing manifest and Inspection logs for truck.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and / or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• Mandatory must possess a valid commercial Class B Drivers' License, Hazmat, Air Brake Endorsements, and Medical card; packaged gas straight truck driver; to include pumper, micro-bulk. Class A Drivers' License & Tanker Endorsements preferred.
• Minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent.
• Must have previous commercial driving experience, or have graduated from an accredited commercial driving school.
• Minimum of one year road experience preferred with no previous moving violations for three years.
• Must be at least 21 years of age with an excellent driving record.
• Must be able to push cart 200 + lb. cylinders and bend/lift 50+lb containers.
• Must have the ability to read and write English language. Perform simple mathematical calculations. Must have ability to handle receipts; read maps, road signs, maintain record of duty status, etc.
• Ability to perform basic administrative functions and problem solving.
• Must be flexible with work hours.
• Prolonged sitting, some bending, stooping and climbing.
• Capable of working in diverse weather and working conditions.
• Preferred previous experience in the cylinder gas specialty chemical industry.
Here are a few good reasons:
Compensation package including:
• Excellent Health Benefits Package; Medical, Dental, Vision
• Top-of-the-line 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match
• Paid Time Off; Holidays, Floaters, & Sick
• Life Insurance
• Short-Term Disability
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Upon Hire Eligible for Driver 5k Retention Bonus
• Driver Referral Bonus
• Sales Referral Bonus
• Safe Driver Quarterly Performance Bonus Opportunity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
|Location||Falls Creek PA|
|Driver Types||Company Driver|
|Trailer Types||Dry Van|
|Address||West Mifflin, PA|