Matheson, a leading manufacturer, processor, retail sales and distributor of welding gases and supplies has the following opportunity available at our Jessup, MD facility.
Packaged Gas Driver
**RETENTION BONUS $5,000.00 **HOME EVERY NIGHT** GREAT BENEFITS INCLUDING 401(K) MATCH**
Individual performs a variety of duties. Fills in where directed and as workload changes, including but not limited to warehouse, fill plant, driving or counter duties. Individual must hold appropriate licensure and certification for each responsibility and be trained appropriately on all operational and safety procedures for each job task. Driving and filling are expected to be the predominant responsibilities.
Reports to Site or Operations Manager/Supervisor. Interacts with customers, Matheson sales, management and other operations personnel.
Filling duties would include:
- Responsible for testing and filling cylinders according to proper procedures.
- Responsible for safely transporting and storing filled cylinders.
- Responsible for maintaining adequate inventory of cylinders.
- Responsible for correctly completing all required forms, logs, reports or checklists.
- Responsible for routine preventative maintenance and basic repair and painting, labeling cylinders.
- Responsible for verifying truckloads to manifest documentation, calibration of filling instruments or equipment, bulk tank inspection.
- Responsible for communicating or associated equipment deficiencies to supervisor.
- Responsibile for service repairs.
- Responsible for installation of propane tanks.
Warehouse duties would include:
- Responsible for shipping and receiving of hard good and cylinders, which includes weighing goods, printing labels and other packing materials, verify contents of inbound materials by comparing purchase orders to packing slips.
- Responsible for material handling of materials in and out of warehouse/stockrooms and showrooms. Both manually, use of dollies, carts and forklifts.
- Responsible for maintaining inventories of materials maintain stock levels and keep inventories neat and orderly.
- Responsible to make recommendations on stock levels to site manager, and restock showroom materials.
- Responsible for housekeeping duties in warehouse and a showroom for both safety and appearance purposes.
- Assist customers and store employees as needed, including answering questions, answering phones, and taking orders.
Counter duties will include:
- Responsible for processing orders.
- Responsible for stocking/pricing products.
- Responsible for shipping and receiving.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Responsible for maintaining the showroom/counter sales area.
- Candidate must present a professional image through personal appearance and conversation.
- Will also follow-up on sales leads.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Driving would include:
- Responsible for loading vehicle to insure efficient routing, delivery following Matheson, DOT and State safe driving laws & procedures.
- Responsible for resolving customer complaints, informing office of customer complaints or other issues.
- Responsible for pick-up, unloading and accurately completing paperwork.
- Responsible for completing/maintaining reports concerning deliveries and vehicle inspections and preparing manifest and Inspection logs for truck.
- Basic math and reading skills.
- Ability to learn and comply with Matheson standards and DOT, OSHA, FDA NFPA and other government regulations dealing with, handling and delivery of compressed industrial and medical gases, including completion of detailed reports and fill records.
- Interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Member/customer Dedication
- Market and Product Knowledge
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent or commensurate experience
- 3 years experience in the gas, welding or other similiar industrial field
- CDL B or A with hazmat and tanker endorsements
- Prior experience as a delivery driver, a plus
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Matheson is an EO employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability
|Driver Types||Company Driver|
|Trailer Types||Dry Van|
|Address||West Mifflin, PA|