CLASS-A DRIVER | HOME MOST NIGHTS | NO WEEKENDS
Alpha Explosives is seeking a dependable and organized Class-A truck driver who would typically work Monday through Friday and be home most nights. The position pays hourly with lots of available overtime.
- Must be detail-oriented, efficient, and have a clean driving record.
- All endorsements including Haz-Mat are required.
- You will drive a variety of day cab vehicles and operate specialized equipment in a construction related field.
- Applicant should be mechanically inclined and capable of lifting 60lbs. repeatedly.
- 401(k) and benefits, per diem, and opportunity to promote from within the company.
ATF and FBI background checks are mandatory and must be free of felonies. Pre-employment drug testing and random testing to federal standards are done and required.
Class A Truck Driver Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Fully understand how to operate and safely drive your assigned delivery vehicle
- Drive trucks with a Gross Vehicle Weight (GVW) over 26,000 lbs.
- Pull a towed weight exceeding 10,000 lbs.
- Ensure trailer hitch is properly and securely attached to the vehicle
- Transport goods from the place of origin to assigned destination
- Ensure contents are properly secured inside of the truck to prevent breakage or damage
- Safely and efficiently handle and unload goods at destinations
- Stay on a predetermined route and ensure timely deliveries
- Communicate with dispatch as needed
- Confirm contents of each shipment load matches the manifest document
- Perform inspections of your vehicle prior to and following each trip
- Check weather conditions and road reports before departure
- Always ensure your vehicle is kept clean
- Notify managers of any major maintenance or delivery issues encountered
- Maintain detailed driving and delivery logs
- Track and report working hours
- Adhere to company rules and regulations
- Obey all applicable traffic laws and drive according to the weather/road conditions
- Comply with ICC and DOT regulations
- Make safety a priority at all times
Class A Truck Driver Requirements and Qualifications
- High school diploma or GED equivalent preferred
- Valid Class A driver’s license required
- 2+ years proven experience with tractor-trailer driving preferred
- Clean driving record with no moving violations
- Must pass a background check and drug test
- Skilled at driving large vehicles
- Comfortable maneuvering and parking a tractor-trailer
- Alert, focused, and detail-oriented
- Physically and mentally fit
- Ability to lift up to 60 lbs. at a time
- Proficient using GPS and other routing systems
- An innate sense of direction
- Disciplined, dependable, and resourceful
- High level of composure and good stress management