FLATBED DRIVING JOBS | NO WEEKENDS
Chesapeake Wood Express, LLC is seeking a CDL Class A Driver to join our winning team! We hire only the best and provide only the best!
Our drivers are the face of our company and must represent us with pride. The applicant must be a highly experienced professional driver with an impeccable driving record and a willingness to tarp.
Both local and over the road assignments will be needed so applicant must be willing to travel during the week (no weekends). In turn, we will provide a top of the line, brand new 2020 Mack truck (capacity up to 80,000 Gross Vehicle Weight (GVW)).
- Safely operate a heavy or tractor-trailer truck, GVW 80,000
- Properly track and document activity, using E-logs
- Ensure that all delivery tickets/bill of ladings are signed appropriately and returned to the office
- Report any issues or incidents to dispatch
- Inspect truck before trip, during loading and after trip
- Properly secure and protect loads from damage (this includes manually tarping the load)
- Follow practices and procedures and use effective decision-making such as fueling at lower priced gas stations and wearing PPE, as appropriate
- 3-5 years Class A experience
- Must have current CDL Class A driver’s license
- Must possess a valid DOT card
- TWIC card (preferred or must be eligible to obtain one)
- Flatbed experience (preferred)
- Must be able to tarp loads
- Must have a clean driving record: no accidents or moving violations
- Solid/Strong work ethic
- Must be able to pass a background check
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screening
- $0.50 cents per mile
- compensated for each pick-up and each delivery
- compensated for tarping
- compensated for overnights on the road
- compensated for deadhead miles
Required education: High school or equivalent
Required license or certification: Class A CDL
Required experience: minimum of 3 years Class A driving experience
Salary: $65,000.00 to $85,000.00 /year average
Full time: Monday - Friday only - NO WEEKENDS!