Now hiring Drivers with 4+ months of tractor trailer experience!
If less than 1 year of solo driving experience, we have a training program tailored just for you. (see below)
If you enjoy being home weekly (with some mid-week home time), hauling limited touch freight, all while bringing home a good paycheck plus great benefits with a transportation leader since 1971, then this driving opportunity is right for you!
Your week will start Sunday night or Monday morning with picking up your assigned, well maintained late model tractor and preloaded curtainside trailer at our customer's location in Oklahoma City, OK. ***NO TARPING IS INVOLVED***
After securing the aluminum and plastic extrusions along with other building products, you'll be on your way to your first stop to unload.
When empty, you may pick-up a backhaul while returning to hook to another load. (Depending on time, you may be able to head home for a while) When you head back out for the week with your 2nd or 3rd load, you'll have the comfort and convenience of fueling and resting at one of Averitt's 100+ locations!
Here's the particulars:
Starting pay : 42 cpm (Hub miles)
Top out pay: 46 cpm (18 months)
Average weekly miles: 2,000/ week
Average weekly stops: 10-15
Average weekly pay of $1,000-$1,200
Stop pay: $23 each stop
Detention pay: $18/ hour
Breakdown pay: $18/ hour
Layover pay : $75
Weekly home time (potentially some mid-week home time)
5 day work week; off Friday, Saturday and most of Sunday (returning to work Sunday evening)
Limited unloading- 30% (smaller customers)
Securement straps provided
Coverage Area: OK, TX, KS, NE, MO, AR, SC, OH & GA
**Start out at site in Oklahoma City delivering to customers in OK and TX on Mon/Tues. Then take a load to another customer site in Hayti, MO. Then you will return to OKC to deliver to customers in KS and NE.
Check out these many benefits of being a full-time Averitt Associate:
- Family & individual Cigna medical coverage with 2 choices (PPO or high deductible health plan), dental, vision, prescription and hearing benefits package ALL starting as low as:
$75.70 per week for family
$30.55 per week for unmarried individuals
With the option of reduced medical premiums if you participate in the upcoming year's wellness initiatives.
- Paid orientation in Cookeville, TN with free lodging, transportation and meals
- Associate discounts (on vehicles, computers, cell phone service, etc.)
- Company-paid life insurance and short-term disability benefits
- 8 paid holidays (after 90 days)
- Paid Time Off (PTO/ vacation) up to 8 weeks
- Uniform program- Averitt will provide
- Profit sharing and 401(k) plans
- Referral rewards program
- Weekly direct payroll deposits
- Flexible spending accounts
- Wells Fargo banking products
- Wellness programs available
- Paid orientation in Cookeville, TN with free lodging, transportation and most meals
- A professional atmosphere with quality people since 1971!
Averitt's fleet includes local, dedicated, and regional positions. Drivers have the opportunity to change their driving preferences as their careers progress, including opportunities in operations and leadership.
Averitt Express is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.