Now hiring Drivers with 4+ months of tractor trailer experience & recent trucking school graduates!
If less than 1 year of solo driving experience, we have a training program tailored just for you. (see below)
We ARE NOT a truck driving school, you must have your CDL-A to join our team.
We're looking for dedicated drivers to help serve our Dollar General customer in Scottsville, Kentucky.
This excellent career opportunity entails:
- Picking up preloaded trailers at the customer's distribution center in Scottsville, KY.
- Making deliveries to retail stores located in Tennessee, Kentucky, Southern Indiana & Southern Ohio.
- Make deliveries Tuesday - Saturday on a regular basis; with occasional Sunday and Monday deliveries determined by customer.
- Average 4-5 loads per week.
- Once empty, you'll return to the DC for your next load.
- This position requires unloading using roll-tainers, U-boats, and the trailer liftgate
- Average 1,300 miles per week.
- Stop pay of $21 per stop with .25 cent increase every 90 days until top out at $22.00.
- Average 15 stops per week.
- Unloading pay of $45 per trailer with .50 cent increase every 90 days until top out at $50.00
- You have the potential to earn a weekly average of $1,086!
- You'll enjoy weekly home time; with possibility of mid-week home time as well.
- Assigned late model Volvo, Freightliner, or International ProStar"majority with automatic transmissions and all having APU's.
- Customer upgrades trailers on a consistent basis
Experienced Drivers (with 12+ months of solo driving experience):
- Start pay is .42 cpm; top out pay of .44 cpm reached within 3 years.
Paid Training Programs:
Driving School Grads:
Must have graduated from one of our approved truck driving schools in the previous 180 days.
Students will also earn a $4,800 tuition assistance bonus! Payable after completing orientation at a rate of $150 per month for the first 12 months and $250 for months 13 - 24.
If you have less than 12 months solo driving experience OR have been outside of the truck for a while, we have a paid training program tailored for each level of experience. Your recruiter will be able to tell you the best training program for you.
Regardless of the amount of training needed you will be paid six hundred dollars per week while training; training time can range from 1-5 weeks. After training you will start at .40 cpm; top out pay of .44 cpm reached within 3 years.
Check out these many benefits of being a full-time Averitt Driver Associate:
- Family & individual Cigna medical coverage with 2 choices (PPO or high deductible health plan), dental, vision, prescription and hearing benefits package ALL starting as low as:
$75.70 per week for family
$30.55 per week for unmarried individuals
With the option of reduced medical premiums if you participate in the upcoming year's wellness initiatives.
- 8 paid holidays (after 90 days).
- Paid Time Off (PTO/ vacation) up to 8 weeks.
- Profit sharing and 401(k) plans.
- Wellness programs available
- Company-paid life insurance and short-term disability benefits.
- Company provided professional uniforms
- Wells Fargo banking products.
- Flexible spending accounts.
- Wellness programs available.
- Other career advancement opportunities within Averitt.
- Paid orientation in Cookeville, TN with free lodging, transportation and meals.
- Red Thinkin' Rewards- points program that encourages you to meet specific fuel & service goals and in return earn points towards a selection of over 12,000 gift items.
- Referral rewards- cash bonuses for referrals
- Weekly direct payroll deposits.
- Associate discounts (on vehicles, computers, cell phone service, etc.).
- A professional atmosphere with quality people since 1971!
Averitt's fleet includes local, dedicated, and regional positions. Drivers have the opportunity to change their driving preferences as their careers progress, including opportunities in operations and leadership.
Averitt Express is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.