<< Back to Classifieds Listing
Dedicated Truck Driver-DMB Vance AL
Now hiring local drivers with 4+ months of tractor trailer experience& recent trucking school graduates!
If less than 1 year of solo driving experience, we have a training program tailored just for you. (see below)
Don't have a CDL? Check out our approved driving schools for a quality school near you to get your CDL. After completion, we'll get you started in a professional driving career with a $4,800 tuition assistance bonus! If you have GI Bill funds available we have anOn-The-Job-Training Program for you!
Averitt has opportunities for professional dedicated drivers to help serve our dedicated automotive customer in Vance, Alabama
Whether you're on a drop & hook or backing into a local auto supplier's dock for a pick up (within a 150-mile radius), this driving position will have you home daily!
Plus, no-touch freight
means this excellent career opportunity is much more than just good pay and great benefits!This full-time position entails:
- Days of the week vary, could be required to work Saturday/Sunday.
- Up to 12 hour shifts; min. 48 hours per week.
- There may be daily/weekly extended work hours as required to meet operational needs.
- Start time for shifts vary, but are between 4:00 AM-7:00 AM or 4:00 PM-7:00 PM.
- Same scheduled start time and end time each day.
- Same route each day.
- Everything will be confirmed during your interview.
- You will be home daily!
- Moving freight and trailers from local suppliers back and forth to the customer's location
- All drop and hook, no-touch freight!
- Maintenance shop and fuel on-site.
- Nice equipment that is 2015 or newer tractors and 2017 trailers.**black steel toe shoes required**Experienced Drivers (with 12+ months of solo driving experience):
- Start pay is $17.25/ hour; top out pay of $18.25/ hour reached within 1 year.
_____________________________Paid Training Programs:Driving School Grads:
Must have graduated
from one of our approved truck driving schools in the previous 180 days.
Students will also earn a $4,800 tuition assistance bonus!
Payable after completing orientation at a rate of $150 per month for the first 12 months and $250 for months 13 - 24.Trainee:
If you have less than 12 months solo driving experience OR
have been outside of the truck for a while, we have a paid training program tailored for each level of experience. Your recruiter will be able to tell you the best training program for you.
Regardless of the amount of training needed you will be paid five hundred dollars per week
while training; training time can range from 1- 5 weeks
. After training you will start at $17.25/ hour.
_____________________________Check out these many benefits of being a full-time Averitt Driver Associate:
- Family & individual Cigna medical coverage with 2 choices (PPO or high deductible health plan), dental, vision, prescription and hearing benefits package ALL
starting as low as:$75.70 per week for family
$30.55 per week for unmarried individualsWith the option of reduced medical premiums if you participate in the upcoming year's wellness initiatives.
- 8 paid holidays (after 90 days).
- Paid Time Off (PTO/ vacation) up to 8 weeks.
- Profit sharing and 401(k) plans.
- Wellness programs available
- Company-paid life insurance and short-term disability benefits.
- Company provided professional uniforms
- Wells Fargo banking products.
- Flexible spending accounts.
- Wellness programs available.
- Other career advancement opportunities within Averitt.
- Paid orientation in Cookeville, TN with free lodging, transportation and meals.
- Red Thinkin' Rewards- points program that encourages you to meet specific fuel & service goals and in return earn points towards a selection of over 12,000 gift items.
- Referral rewards- cash bonuses for referrals
- Weekly direct payroll deposits.
- Associate discounts (on vehicles, computers, cell phone service, etc.).
- A professional atmosphere with quality people since 1971!Averitt's fleet includes local, dedicated, and regional positions. Drivers have the opportunity to change their driving preferences as their careers progress, including opportunities in operations and leadership.Averitt Express is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.