Averitt has opportunities for professional dedicated drivers to help serve our bedding customer in Jacksonville, FL!
This full-time position entails:
- Average 2,600-2,700 miles per week
- Average up to $60k+ per year
- Stop pay= $17.50/ stop; average 15-20 stops per week; each stop averaging 45 minutes
- Average 4+ loads per week
- Home multiple times during the week and each weekend!
- Leave out on Sunday or Monday with 1st delivery.
- Coverage area to include: Georgia, Florida (only as far south as Orlando), Alabama & South Carolina.
- Local runs (100+ miles) may be available to supplement income.
- Assigned Volvo & Freightliner tractors.
- Pickup preloaded trailers of mattresses, frames and box springs from customer's distribution center.
- No loading, driver assist with unloading.
- Deliver to warehouses.
- Delivery times are typically scheduled between 9:00am and 4:00pm.
- Possible backhauls of returning product when empty & returning to Waycross.
Experienced Drivers (with 12+ months of solo driving experience):
- Starting pay is .41 cpm; top-out at .42 cpm within 1 year
Check out these many benefits of being a full-time Averitt Driver Associate:
- Family & individual Cigna medical coverage with 2 choices (PPO or high deductible health plan), dental, vision, prescription and hearing benefits package ALL starting as low as:
$75.70 per week for family
$30.55 per week for unmarried individuals
With the option of reduced medical premiums if you participate in the upcoming year's wellness initiatives.
- 8 paid holidays (after 90 days).
- Paid Time Off (PTO/ vacation) up to 8 weeks.
- Profit sharing and 401(k) plans.
- Wellness programs available
- Company-paid life insurance and short-term disability benefits.
- Company provided professional uniforms
- Wells Fargo banking products.
- Flexible spending accounts.
- Wellness programs available.
- Other career advancement opportunities within Averitt.
- Paid orientation in Cookeville, TN with free lodging, transportation and meals.
- Red Thinkin' Rewards- points program that encourages you to meet specific fuel & service goals and in return earn points towards a selection of over 12,000 gift items.
- Referral rewards- cash bonuses for referrals
- Weekly direct payroll deposits.
- Associate discounts (on vehicles, computers, cell phone service, etc.).
- A professional atmosphere with quality people since 1971!
Averitt's fleet includes local, dedicated, and regional positions. Drivers have the opportunity to change their driving preferences as their careers progress, including opportunities in operations and leadership.
Averitt Express is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.