Class A CDL - Over-the-Road (OTR) Tanker Truck Driver
Over-the-Road (OTR) Tanker CDL truck drivers travel the country and earn up to $0.54 per mile* with a weekly performance pay up to $0.04 per mile (up to $72000 per year with accessorial pay). OTR Tanker drivers also get home every other week. Schneider provides industry-leading paid training to all Tanker drivers no tanker experience required.
Schneider Tanker truckers specialize in the safe transfer of bulk liquid chemicals with 2/3 of them non-hazardous. Advance your career by becoming part of Schneider's elite group of Tanker drivers enjoying consistent advancement opportunities. Enjoy a small-company feel and large-company benefits when you start your career as an OTR Tanker driver today!
Eligible CDL Truck Driver Applicants: All Class A CDL holders
Tanker Truck Driver Pay
- Up to $0.54 per mile*
- Performance pay up to $0.04 per mile more paid out weekly
- Up to $72000 per year* with average 15% of pay from accessorials
- $7500 sign-on bonus for experienced drivers
- $5000 sign-on bonus for inexperienced drivers
- Loading and unloading pay
- HazMat endorsement reimbursed upon receipt
- *Based on CDL driver experience
Over-the-Road Tanker Truck Driver Benefits
- Medical dental and vision insurance plus flexible spending options
- 401(k) savings plan with company match
- Paid orientation and time off
- Up to $7000 tuition reimbursement (paid at $200/month) for qualified drivers
- Credit for Military Experience and Military Apprenticeship programs plus more military benefits
- Many more see full list of benefits
Tanker Truck Driver Qualifications
- Valid Class A Commercial Driver's License (CDL)
- Tanker endorsement required at time of hire as a CDL driver
- Schneider's self-paced online certification training program will help secure your required HazMat endorsement
- TWIC card (Transportation Worker Identification Card) preferred before hire. Required to start process within 60 days of hire.
- Passport FAST card or Enhanced CDL required within 60 days of hire
More Reasons to Select Schneider Tanker
- Average fleet age 2.5 years over 60% automated transmissions
- Nationwide facility network many locations offering free showers laundry WiFi exercise equipment TV lounges cafeterias and more
- Low driver-to-leader ratios individualized to better ensure you're moving and productive
- Continuous investment in tractors trailers and other tanker equipment
- Mobile communications platform the latest in-truck technology with electronic logging GPS navigation web browsing and more
- Learn more about Schneider's Tanker division
Since 1935 Schneider has had over 5000 drivers who've driven over one million consecutive miles safely. Experienced drivers continue to call Schneider home because they know firsthand that Schneider treats drivers right. Experience it for yourself.
"With Schneider I'm family. I wouldn't trade this for anything."
Join one of the top trucking companies. Call 800-447-7433 for more information about becoming an Over-the-Road Tanker driver with Schneider!
Schneider uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired associates. To learn more about E-Verify including your rights and responsibilities please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
Job Company Driver
Sign On Bonus 7500