<< Back to Classifieds Listing
Dedicated Local Driver- RDS Murfreesboro TN - Murfreesboro TN
Stop By Our Hiring Event
Where: Averitt location at 5222 Northwest Broad St.,Murfreesboro, TN 37129
When: Friday, April 6, 2018 from 8 am- 6pm
We're offering a $1,500 sign-on BONUS
for qualified drivers through April 30, 2018! ($750 at 90 days and $750 at 180 days!)Now hiring Drivers with 4+ months of tractor trailer experience & recent trucking school graduates! If less than 1 year of solo driving experience, we have a training program tailored just for you. (see below)
Have you been searching for a professional driving opportunity that will allow you to earn a great living and spend more time with your loved ones?
Look no further! Averitt has opportunities for professional CDL-A
dedicated drivers to help serve our dedicated retail customers in Murfreesboro, TN
Drivers for this account must live within a 100 mile radius
from the Averitt Service Center.This full-time position entails:
- As a driver for this account your day will start with loaded trailers of boxes containing retail merchandise.
- No backhauls- return to Murfreesboro, TN with dunnage
- Average 4 stops per load per day
- All deliveries are within 220 miles of Murfreesboro, TN
- Primarily TN state coverage plus surrounding states
- You will be home daily!
- Monday through Friday;
occasional weekend work during peak season
- Start times may range from 2 am to 7 am depending on the route
- Average 55-65 hours per week
- Start pay is $19 /hour;
top out at $20.35/ hour
- Mostly fluid loaded trailers; boxes are loose (not on pallets & up to 80 lbs) and are required to be taken to the rear of the trailer and put on conveyors
Along with making deliveries to the stores, job function may include baling cardboard, working dock occasionally and switching trailers at the facility
- Unloading is required
- Top-notch/ safe equipment_____________________________
Paid Training Programs:Driving School Grads:
Must have graduated
from one of our approved truck driving schools in the previous 180 days.
Students will also earn a $4,800 tuition assistance bonus!
Payable after completing orientation at a rate of $150 per month for the first 12 months and $250 for months 13 - 24.Trainee:
If you have less than 12 months solo driving experience OR
have been outside of the truck for a while, we have a paid training program tailored for each level of experience. Your recruiter will be able to tell you the best training program for you.Regardless of the amount of training needed you will be paid six hundred dollars per week while training; training time is 1-5weeks. After training you will start at $19/ hour.
_____________________________Check out these many benefits of being a full-time Averitt Associate:
- Family & individual Cigna medical coverage with 2 choices (PPO or high deductible health plan), dental, vision, prescription and hearing benefits package ALL
starting as low as:$75.70 per week for family
$30.55 per week for unmarried individualsWith the option of reduced medical premiums if you participate in the upcoming year's wellness initiatives.
- Associate discounts (on vehicles, computers, cell phone service, etc.)
- Company-paid life insurance and short-term disability benefits
- 8 paid holidays (after 90 days)
- Paid Time Off (PTO/ vacation) up to 8 weeks
- Uniform program- Averitt will provide
- Profit sharing and 401(k) plans
- Referral rewards program
- Weekly direct payroll deposits
- Flexible spending accounts
- Wells Fargo banking products
- Wellness programs available
- Paid orientation in Cookeville, TN with free lodging, transportation and meals
- A professional atmosphere with quality people since 1971!
Averitt's fleet includes local, dedicated, and regional positions. Drivers have the opportunity to change their driving preferences as their careers progress, including opportunities in operations and leadership. Drivers may be eligible to transfer into other driving and non-driving positions upon completing 12 months as a regional driver.Averitt Express is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.