Attention Drivers! We're offering a $2,000 sign-on BONUS for qualified drivers through April 30, 2018! ($1,000 at 90 days and $1,000 at 180 days!).- excluding students.
Now hiring Drivers with 4+ months of tractor trailer experience!
Don't have a CDL? Check out our approved driving schools for a quality school near you to get your CDL. After completion, we'll get you started in a professional driving career with a $4,800 tuition assistance bonus! If you have GI Bill funds available we have anOn-The-Job-Training Program for you!
We have an opportunity for you to join our team as a Dedicated Driver to help serve our food products customer located in Savannah, Georgia.
As a driver for this account you will:
- Make deliveries to grocery warehouses in the Southeast, Midwest, Northeast and some in the Southwest.
- There are no set runs, drivers are required to work weekends and holidays as needed.
- After that, you'll return to Savannah loaded with raw materials or backhauls.
- Average of 2,500 miles per week
- Drivers may also be required to be on the road for up to 10 to 14 days pending freight volume and hours of service available.
- You'll also earn $15.00 per stop after the 1st stop
- Average 3 stops per week
- Detention, layover, and breakdown pay are offered when applicable
- Drivers may also be asked by customer to do yard work periodically.
- Customer's needs may require driver to be on call to cover loads for high profile customers.
Experienced Drivers (with 12+ months of solo driving experience):
- Starting pay is .43 cpm (top-out at 44.5 cpm after 12 months)
Paid Training Programs:
If you have less than 12 months solo driving experience OR have been outside of the truck for a while, we have a paid training program tailored for each level of experience. Your recruiter will be able to tell you the best training program for you.
Regardless of the amount of training needed you will be paid six hundred dollars per week while training; training time can range from 1-3weeks. After training you will start at .43cpm.
Check out these many benefits of being a full-time Averitt Driver Associate:
- Family & individual Cigna medical coverage with 2 choices (PPO or high deductible health plan), dental, vision, prescription and hearing benefits package ALL starting as low as:
$75.70 per week for family
$30.55 per week for unmarried individuals
With the option of reduced medical premiums if you participate in the upcoming year's wellness initiatives.
- 8 paid holidays (after 90 days).
- Paid Time Off (PTO/ vacation) up to 8 weeks.
- Profit sharing and 401(k) plans.
- Wellness programs available
- Company-paid life insurance and short-term disability benefits.
- Company provided professional uniforms
- Wells Fargo banking products.
- Flexible spending accounts.
- Wellness programs available.
- Other career advancement opportunities within Averitt.
- Paid orientation in Cookeville, TN with free lodging, transportation and meals.
- Red Thinkin' Rewards- points program that encourages you to meet specific fuel & service goals and in return earn points towards a selection of over 12,000 gift items.
- Referral rewards- cash bonuses for referrals
- Weekly direct payroll deposits.
- Associate discounts (on vehicles, computers, cell phone service, etc.).
- A professional atmosphere with quality people since 1971!
Averitt's fleet includes local, dedicated, and regional positions. Drivers have the opportunity to change their driving preferences as their careers progress, including opportunities in operations and leadership.
Averitt Express is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.