Attention Drivers! We're offering a $2,000 sign-on BONUS for qualified drivers through April 30, 2018! ($1,000 at 90 days and $1,000 at 180 days!).- excluding students.
Now hiring Drivers with 4+ months of tractor trailer experience & recent trucking school graduates!
If less than 1 year of solo driving experience, we have a training program tailored just for you. (see below)
Don't have a CDL? Check out our approved driving schools for a quality school near you to get your CDL. After completion, We'll get you started in a professional driving career with a $4,800 tuition assistance bonus! If you have GI Bill funds available we have anOn-The-Job-Training Program for you!
We're currently seeking full-time drivers to run dedicated routes from the Cracker Barrel distribution center in Lebanon, TN to Cracker Barrel store locations.
- Taking pre-loaded trailers in Lebanon, TN and delivering to Cracker Barrel stores (merchandise, not food) coast to coast.
- Runs will vary weekly; bid on regional runs later; any backhauls will vary as well.
- Home every week; depending on your assigned route, you can expect mostly weekend home time; there is the possibility for some occasional midweek home time, too!
- Average of 2,300 miles per week. (additional miles available)
- Unloading pay is available at a rate of $175+ per trailer as unloading is required. Must setup ramp and two-wheel freight into the customers store room. (1+ hours per stop, up to 7 hours total to unload)
- Case pay (for store delivery) starts at .115/ case reaching top-out of .125/ case in 90 days.
- Tub pick up is $15/ trailer (tub/ container that holds the small merchandise)
- Current drivers on this account average $1,310 per week!
* All drivers will ride with a Dedicated Averitt driver on this account for the 1st week to ensure a complete understanding of the customer's processes and procedures. This will be paid at a flat rate of $600 for the 1st week only.
Experienced Drivers (with 12+ months of solo driving experience):
- Starting pay is .42 cpm (after the 1st week of employment) *
- Top-out at .44 cpm after 12 months; 1 cent increase every 6 months.
Paid Training Programs:
Driving School Grads:
Must have graduated from one of our approved truck driving schools in the previous 180 days.
Students will also earn a $4,800 tuition assistance bonus! Payable after completing orientation at a rate of $150 per month for the first 12 months and $250 for months 13 - 24.
If you have less than 12 months solo driving experience OR have been outside of the truck for a while, we have a paid training program tailored for each level of experience. Your recruiter will be able to tell you the best training program for you.
Regardless of the amount of training needed you will be paid six hundred dollars per week while training; training time can range from 1-5 weeks. After training you will start at .42 cpm.
Check out these many benefits of being a full-time Averitt Driver Associate:
- Family & individual Cigna medical coverage with 2 choices (PPO or high deductible health plan), dental, vision, prescription and hearing benefits package ALL starting as low as:
$75.70 per week for family
$30.55 per week for unmarried individuals
With the option of reduced medical premiums if you participate in the upcoming year's wellness initiatives.
- 8 paid holidays (after 90 days).
- Paid Time Off (PTO/ vacation) up to 8 weeks.
- Profit sharing and 401(k) plans.
- Wellness programs available
- Company-paid life insurance and short-term disability benefits.
- Company provided professional uniforms
- Wells Fargo banking products.
- Flexible spending accounts.
- Wellness programs available.
- Other career advancement opportunities within Averitt.
- Paid orientation in Cookeville, TN with free lodging, transportation and meals.
- Red Thinkin' Rewards- points program that encourages you to meet specific fuel & service goals and in return earn points towards a selection of over 12,000 gift items.
- Referral rewards- cash bonuses for referrals
- Weekly direct payroll deposits.
- Associate discounts (on vehicles, computers, cell phone service, etc.).
- A professional atmosphere with quality people since 1971!
Averitt's fleet includes local, dedicated, and regional positions. Drivers have the opportunity to change their driving preferences as their careers progress, including opportunities in operations and leadership.
Averitt Express is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.