Stop By Our Hiring Event
Where: Averitt Service Center at4500 Birmingham Street, Birmingham, AL 35217
When: Friday, April 20, 2018 from 10 am- 5pm & Saturday, April 21 from 8 am - 1 pm.
Now hiring Drivers with 4+ months of tractor trailer experience!
If less than 1 year of solo driving experience, we have a training program tailored just for you. (see below)
We ARE NOT a truck driving school, you must have your CDL-A to join our team.
We have an immediate opening for full-time Yard Switcher/ Local Driverto help serve our dedicated automotive customer in Birmingham, Alabama.
As a Yard Switcher, you'll play a critical role in our customer's transportation needs by ensuring the timely movement of trailers in and out of the docks on-site at the customer's location.
Some of the responsibilities of an Averitt Yard Switcher include:
- Monday through Friday2:00 pm- 10:00 pm
- Occasional weekend work as customer demands
- Up to 48 hours a week
- Overtime applies after 40 hours per week
- 95% yard switching, 5% DOT regulated driving
- Performing pre- and post-shift equipment safety inspections
- Hooking/unhooking trailers
- Frequent bending for placement of wheel chocks
- Lifting/opening trailer doors
- Sliding trailer tandems when necessary
- Safely entering/exiting yard tractor numerous times per shift
- Safely maneuvering equipment with good backing skills
Experienced Drivers (with 12+ months of solo driving experience):
- Start pay of $16.22/ hour; reaching top out pay of $18.50/ hour in 12 months.
Paid Training Programs:
If you have less than 12 months solo driving experience OR have been outside of the truck for a while, we have a paid training program tailored for each level of experience. Your recruiter will be able to tell you the best training program for you.
Regardless of the amount of training needed you will be paid five hundred dollars per week while training; training time can range from 1-3 weeks. After training you will start at 16.22/ hour.
Check out these many benefits of being a full-time Averitt Driver Associate:
- Family & individual Cigna medical coverage with 2 choices (PPO or high deductible health plan), dental, vision, prescription and hearing benefits package ALL starting as low as:
$75.70 per week for family
$30.55 per week for unmarried individuals
With the option of reduced medical premiums if you participate in the upcoming year's wellness initiatives.
- 8 paid holidays (after 90 days).
- Paid Time Off (PTO/ vacation) up to 8 weeks.
- Profit sharing and 401(k) plans.
- Wellness programs available
- Company-paid life insurance and short-term disability benefits.
- Company provided professional uniforms
- Wells Fargo banking products.
- Flexible spending accounts.
- Wellness programs available.
- Other career advancement opportunities within Averitt.
- Paid orientation in Cookeville, TN with free lodging, transportation and meals.
- Red Thinkin' Rewards- points program that encourages you to meet specific fuel & service goals and in return earn points towards a selection of over 12,000 gift items.
- Referral rewards- cash bonuses for referrals
- Weekly direct payroll deposits.
- Associate discounts (on vehicles, computers, cell phone service, etc.).
- A professional atmosphere with quality people since 1971!
Averitt's fleet includes local, dedicated, and regional positions. Drivers have the opportunity to change their driving preferences as their careers progress, including opportunities in operations and leadership.
Averitt Express is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.