Looking for an excellent FLATBED opportunity? It doesn't get any better than this!
Averitt has an immediate opening for a full-time flatbed driver to help serve our dedicated customer in the Auburn, GA area.
Drivers for this account must live within a 60 mile radius from this location.
As a driver for this account, you'll:
- Deliver building material dry wall, lumber, etc. to retail and non-retail locations. (some palletized)
- Brand new Freightliner daycab's.
- Driver's will hook to their pre-loaded trailers to start their day.
- Shifts are pretty consistent; start between 5:00 am Monday - Friday, finish between 3:30 pm and 6:00 pm.
- Strap each load, straps provided.
- Tarp in inclement weather only.
- Provided hard hats and vests which must be worn when out of the truck on property at all times.
- Steel toe shoes required, driver will need to purchase.
- Begin your route in Auburn, GA and deliver to customers in AL, GA, SC & TN
- 5 dispatches per week
- Home every night
- No touch freight, live unload
- Start pay of .44 cpm; top out at .45 cpm (reached within 1 year)
- 1st year expected annual gross is $58,000- $60,000
- Additional stop pay of $15 per stop; average 25 stops per week; average stop is 30 min.
- If tarping is required (inclement weather only) an additional $5/ stop = $20/ stop pay
- Average 300 - 450 miles per day, but will vary.
Check out these other benefits of being a full-time member of the Averitt Driving Team:
- Family & individual Cigna medical coverage with 2 choices (PPO or high deductible health plan), dental, vision, prescription and hearing benefits package ALL starting as low as:
$75.70 per week for family
$30.55 per week for unmarried individuals
With the option of reduced medical premiums if you participate in the upcoming year's wellness initiatives.
- Profit Sharing and 401(k) plans
- Company paid life insurance and short-term disability benefits
- Uniform Program- Averitt will provide
- Wells Fargo banking products
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Wellness Programs available
- 8 Paid holidays (after 90 days)
- Paid Time Off (PTO/ vacation) up to 8 weeks
- Referral Rewards Program
- Weekly direct payroll deposits
- Associate discounts (on vehicles, computers, cell phone service, etc.)
- A professional atmosphere with quality people since 1971!
Averitt's fleet includes local, dedicated, and regional positions. Drivers have the opportunity to change their driving preferences as their careers progress, including opportunities in operations and leadership.
Averitt Express is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.