Now hiring Drivers with 4+ months of tractor trailer experience & recent trucking school graduates!
If less than 1 year of solo driving experience, we have a training program tailored just for you. (see below)
Don't have a CDL? Check out our approved driving schools for a quality school near you to get your CDL. After completion, We'll get you started in a professional driving career with a $4,800 tuition assistance bonus! If you have GI Bill funds available we have anOn-The-Job-Training Program for you!
This position is a Flex Driving position, meaning you will primarily pull for our Shoe Carnival dedicated account but when that need is met you will pull for another dedicated Averitt account.
While pulling for Shoe Carnival:
- Picking up a load of shoes at Shoe Carnival's distribution center located in Evansville, IN
- Set out for delivery to Shoe Carnival retail stores located throughout the USA.
- Stores are located from Texas to the East Coast
- Average route consists of 5 - 10 stops per week, with some picking up of return freight at the stores.
- After making all deliveries and return pickups, you may make a backhaul pickup at either a customer vendor or a 3rd party customer, 95% of the time.
- These runs typically begin on Sunday morning and end Thursday night, so you can expect weekend home time.
- Driver is to move product to the rear of trailer and assist customer. Conveyer rollers will be provided to assist driver.
- Steady and consistent miles; average 2,000 miles/week (but will vary depending on which account being worked)
- Average loading/unloading pay of $110/ trailer
During the time that you are not working for Shoe Carnival you will pull for another Averitt dedicated account. You will only work for 1 account at a time (a minimum of 1 week or until the customer's needs are met) then haul another dedicated customer's product.
You'll attend paid orientation in Cookeville, TN. After orientation you will then be transported to our Nashville service center to receive your tractor and any additional training.
Experienced Drivers (with 12+ months of solo driving experience):
- Start at .41 cpm PLUS accessorial pay including stop and unloading pay which varies by account.
Paid Training Programs:
Driving School Grads:
Must have graduated from one of our approved truck driving schools in the previous 180 days.
Students will also earn a $4,800 tuition assistance bonus! Payable after completing orientation at a rate of $150 per month for the first 12 months and $250 for months 13 - 24.
If you have less than 12 months solo driving experience OR have been outside of the truck for a while, we have a paid training program tailored for each level of experience. Your recruiter will be able to tell you the best training program for you.
Regardless of the amount of training needed you will be paid six hundred dollars per week while training; training time can range from 1-5 weeks. After training you will start at .41 cpm.
Check out these many benefits of being a full-time Averitt Driver Associate:
- Family & individual Cigna medical coverage with 2 choices (PPO or high deductible health plan), dental, vision, prescription and hearing benefits package ALL starting as low as:
$75.70 per week for family
$30.55 per week for unmarried individuals
With the option of reduced medical premiums if you participate in the upcoming year's wellness initiatives.
- 8 paid holidays (after 90 days).
- Paid Time Off (PTO/ vacation) up to 8 weeks.
- Profit sharing and 401(k) plans.
- Wellness programs available
- Company-paid life insurance and short-term disability benefits.
- Company provided professional uniforms
- Wells Fargo banking products.
- Flexible spending accounts.
- Wellness programs available.
- Other career advancement opportunities within Averitt.
- Paid orientation in Cookeville, TN with free lodging, transportation and meals.
- Red Thinkin' Rewards- points program that encourages you to meet specific fuel & service goals and in return earn points towards a selection of over 12,000 gift items.
- Referral rewards- cash bonuses for referrals
- Weekly direct payroll deposits.
- Associate discounts (on vehicles, computers, cell phone service, etc.).
- A professional atmosphere with quality people since 1971!
Averitt's fleet includes local, dedicated, and regional positions. Drivers have the opportunity to change their driving preferences as their careers progress, including opportunities in operations and leadership.
Averitt Express is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.