Averitt currently is seeking top-notch professional drivers to join our team in Braselton, Georgia to help serve our dedicated pet products customer.
Drivers for this account must live within a 150 mile radius from the Averitt Service Center.
This exceptional full-time career opportunity entails:
- Making deliveries of pet supplies to the customer's retail stores in the following states: Alabama, Georgia, North & South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Arkansas, Mississippi, and Florida.
- Unloading palletized freight at the stores with pallet jack is required, but backhauls typically are drop & hook only.
- Driver will have to tailgate pallets for store unload.
- Regional & local runs.
- Daily routes from customer's distribution center in Braselton to Texas and Louisiana as customer designates. Will be paid $19/ hour when running local.
- Average 2,700 miles per week
- Early morning and late afternoon dispatch
- Work week is Sunday - Saturday
- Average 2-4 stops per day at $10 per stop
- Detention, layover, and breakdown pay are offered when applicable
Experienced Drivers (with 12+ months of solo driving experience):
- Starting pay is .41 cpm; top out at .44 cpm reached in 36 months, 1/2cent increase every 6 month until top-out is reached.
Check out these many benefits of being a full-time member of the Averitt team:
- Family & individual Cigna medical coverage with 2 choices (PPO or high deductible health plan), dental, vision, prescription and hearing benefits package ALL starting as low as:
$75.70 per week for family
$30.55 per week for unmarried individuals
With the option of reduced medical premiums if you participate in the upcoming year's wellness initiatives.
- Paid orientation in Cookeville, TN with free lodging, transportation and meals
- Associate discounts (on vehicles, computers, cell phone service, etc.)
- Company-paid life insurance and short-term disability benefits
- 8 paid holidays (after 90 days)
- Paid Time Off (PTO/ vacation) up to 8 weeks
- Uniform program- Averitt will provide
- Profit sharing and 401(k) plans
- Referral rewards program
- Weekly direct payroll deposits
- Flexible spending accounts
- Wells Fargo banking products
- Wellness programs available
- Paid orientation in Cookeville, TN with free lodging, transportation and most meals
- A professional atmosphere with quality people since 1971!
Averitt Express is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law