Shuttle driving is one of Averitt's most appealing positions, Averitt's Sleeper Shuttle Drivers play an integral role in serving our customers by transporting LTL freight between Averitt service centers throughout our system. It's as simple as dropping, hooking, and getting back on the road to your next destination.
This rewarding career opportunity offers several advantages, such as no-touch freight, gate-to-gate mileage pay (not HHG!), and WEEKLY HOME TIME!
Plus, check out these many benefits to being a full-time member of the Averitt Team:
Family & individual Cigna medical coverage with 2 choices (PPO or high deductible health plan), dental, vision, prescription card, and hearing benefits package ALL starting as low as $75.70 per week for family or $30.55 per week for unmarried individuals. With the option of reduced medical premiums if you participate in the upcoming year's wellness initiatives.
- Profit sharing and 401(k) plans
- Company-paid life insurance and short-term disability benefits
- Uniform program- Averitt will provide
- Wells Fargo banking products
- Flexible spending accounts
- Wellness programs available
- Paid holidays (after 90 days)
- Paid vacation
- Paid orientation in Cookeville, TN with free lodging, transportation and most meals
- Referral rewards program
- Weekly direct payroll deposits
- Associate discounts (on vehicles, computers, cell phone service, etc.)
- A professional atmosphere with quality people since 1971!
Averitt's fleet includes local, dedicated, and regional positions. Drivers have the opportunity to change their driving preferences as their careers progress, including opportunities in operations and leadership.
Averitt Express is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.