Trucking Company Overview:
- 23 years of age
- 2 years of verifiable over the road driving experience
- Good MVR
- Valid Class A CDL
- Must pass road test and pre-employment drug test
- No felony charges in the last 7 years
- No DUIs in the last 5 years / Never participated in SAP
Driving Areas/Loads info:
- East of the Mississippi River, Maine to Georgia
- Occasionally travel to NYC and Canada (not frequently)
- Products hauled: Flatbed Freight (pipe, granite, building products, brick, plate steel and machinery)
- About 70% are live loads and 30% preloads; About 80% of loads require tarps
- A large % of our loads are tarped however with our Tarp Pay being at $45.00 and it taking approx. 1 hr and 15 minutes to tarp/untarp a load, that is approx. $36.00 per hour.
- Assigned Tractors
- All trucks have APUs and Invertors
- Late Model Conventional – 2015 to 2017 models – International ProStar Cummins engine (NO MaxxForce)
- 15 Liter Engine
- 10 speed transmission Manual & Autoshift
- Aluminum Trailers – they are split/spread axles
- 48’ Flatbed & Conestoga Trailers – Conestoga Upon Availability After 90 Days
- If you take the truck home & have to split the truck & trailer to park – will be provided with 5th wheel lock (50 miles)
Home 48 hours for the weekend – typically home Friday afternoons & leave out Sunday afternoons.
Pay: Paid every Friday @ 1:00 – direct deposit
**Note: The first week of pay is withheld but then paid each Friday after that.
Weekly Gross Range: $1,100-$1,300
TRAINING PAY (New Hire):
18 – 24 Months (Verifiable) Experience $100 A DAY ($500 PER WK)
24+ Months (Verifiable) Commercial Experience $140 A DAY ($700 PER WK)
24+ Months Flatbed (Verifiable) Commercial Experience $180 A DAY ($900 PER WK)
BASE PAY – PERCENTAGE OR MILAGE:
- Percentage 27% ***earn an additional .2% if holiday pay is declined at 1 year anniversary.
- This percentage amount is currently averaging .60-.65 cpm (loaded & unloaded miles)
- 2 – 3 years verified commercial experience $.485 cpm
- .01 cpm increase every 6 months for 2 yrs, then .005 cpm increase every 6 months until cap of .555 cpm reached.
- 3+ years verified commercial experience $.495 cpm
- .01 cpm increase every 6 months for 1.5 yrs, then .005 cpm increase every 6 months until cap of .555 cpm reached.
*** earn an additional .005 cpm if holiday pay is declined at 1 year anniversary.
- 18 – 24 months verified commercial experience: 26% or $.475 cpm until 2 years requirement is met*
*3% of the previous month income (while operating the truck)
*Bonus will be paid the last pay of each month following the month you are being paid for.
*Vacation time does NOT count towards wages earned.
*You MUST have all (4) CSA Categories with ZERO Violations.
(Vehicle Maintenance, Crash Indicator, Unsafe Driving, and Hours of Service). A single violation in any of these categories will disqualify you for that current months Safety Bonus.
- 401K: Eligible after 1-year anniversary. 100% match up to $750.00. Signups twice a year - Jan & July.
- Clean DOT Inspections: – we pay you $30 for each one no matter how many you get! We don’t make you pay for non-Clean DOT inspections like other companies!
- Driver Referral Bonus: Earned for referring drivers to us:
- New Hire - $1000 with new drivers 1st check with 1st solo delivery
- Rehire - $500 with rehires 1st check with 1st solo delivery
- Annual Years of Jackets: Your choice of jacket for every year that you are employed.
- Holiday Pay:
- At 1 year service, you will receive 7 paid holidays (New Years, Easter, Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas) paid at $75 per holiday or you may Opt Out for an additional .005 cpm or .2% base pay
- Insurances: (eligible 1st of month following 60 days)
- Medical – United Healthcare All Savers:
- $1750 single/$3250 family Deductible.
- $30/week for Employee only.
- $65/week for Employee and Spouse OR Employee and Child(ren)
- $78/week Family
- Dental - Guardian:
- $6.26/week for Employee only. ($25.10/mo.)
- $19.21/week for Family ($77.11/mo.)
- Vision – VBA:
- $1.09/week for Employee only ($4.70/mo.)
- $2.07/week for Two Persons ($8.95/mo.)
- $2.83/week for Family ($12.25/mo.)
- $25/week opt out pay – Not taking our health insurance
- Stop Pay:
- Mileage Driver: Extra Stops, $25.00 per stop
- Layover Pay:Percentage Driver: Your % of stop charge to customer.
- $15 per hour based on a 10 hour day.
- Driver not paid for the first 2 hours layover.
- This layover pay applies to both customer layovers and truck breakdowns.
- Detention Pay: $15/hour after the first 2 hours
- 1 – 2 Yrs. service = 1 Wk (5 days) $825per wk or $165/day
- 3 – 4 Yrs. service = 2 Wks (10 days) $875 per wk or $175/day
- 5 – 9 Yrs. service = 3 Wks (15 days) $925 per wk or $185/day
- 10+ Yrs. service = 4 Wks (20 days) $1025 per wk or $205/day
Advancement: We offer room for advancement with years of service into our Dedicated Divisions (currently Millers and Specialized), along with the opportunity to become a Trainer/Mentor. Mentor pay is $30/month.
Electronic Logs: Omnitracs IVG
Fuel Card: Drivers given EFS cards. Can fuel at Pilot, Flying J or TA/Petro. $50 advance on card each week. Turn in receipts to get reimbursed for truck/company expenses. Can also use for CAT Scale.
Idling Rule: If you’re not in the truck, then it should be shut off. The trucks with HVAC units do not idle at all.
- Passengers: Permitted from April 1 through November 30. Must be approved by HR and Dispatch.
- < 2 years’ experience – Employed 6 months before authorized
- > 2 years’ experience – Employed 90 Days before authorized
- Passenger must be 12 years of age
- Pets: Permitted with a $350 one-time deposit. $150 is refundable upon pet removal from the truck and inspection of truck to ensure cleanliness (i.e. stains, odors, etc.). Maximum of 2 pets.
The per diem rate will be $66.00 each night a driver logs his/her eight consecutive hours of sleeper berth time away from their home address or their home terminal.
Per Diem is basically tax-exempt money.
- Per Diem currently is $66/day. If a driver is away from their home terminal or home address for 5 nights in 1 week, we take 5 x $66 to get $330. So, if the driver grosses, say, $1,000/week, we deduct $330 from that to get $670. The driver is taxed on $670 then we put the $330 back into his paycheck (so it shows simply as an in and out on his check stub).
- Driver proves they were away from home by noting sleeper berth time on their logs.
Toll Roads – Drivers must avoid using toll roads unless approved by dispatch.
Trainees – Depends on experience
Uniforms – Available for purchase after 90 days employed.
- Company Driver
- Lease Purchase
- Owner Operator
- New York
- West Virginia