Select Genetics Jobs
Trucking Company Overview:
This position is responsible for transporting day old poults and egg delivery in a timely and safe manner.
Select Genetics, presents a solid platform to serve customers on a national and international scale by providing quality poults, service, and innovation. Select Genetics is the leading supplier of poults and eggs to growers and companies across the world and has operations in eight US States. The position reports to and is supervised by the management.
Class A CDL Driver responsibilities include but not limited to: transporting day old poults and eggs. Within this process will be the expectation of consistent cleanliness, animal welfare standards and bio-security policies being upheld.
Class A CDL Driver carries out all directives in accordance with the Company’s policies and applicable laws. All Company information will be handled with complete confidentiality.
Work requires prolong sitting while driving and operate CMV in both solo and team driving operations. Class A CDL Driver must be physically able to lift up to 70 lbs., pull or push up to 150 lbs. when loading or unloading the truck. Class A CDL Driver can be asked to help out in a wash bay based on Company’s needs. Work is subject to tight deadlines and interruptions.
1. Follow the directions of the transportation manager.
2. Adhere to all company policies, procedures and all applicable federal and state regulations.
3. Follow strict attendance policy.
4. Active listening and customer service orientation skills.
5. Fully understand how to operate and safely drive your assigned vehicle.
6. Fully licensed to drive vehicles with a Gross Vehicle Weight (GVW) over 26,000 lbs.
7. Pick-up, unload and safely transport a day old poults or eggs.
8. Ensure contents are properly secured in truck, flatbed to prevent damage/injury.
9. Obtain signatures to confirm and complete deliveries.
10. Stay on predetermined route and ensure timely transport and delivery.
11. Confirm that the contents of each shipment load matches the manifest document.
12. Always ensure your vehicle is kept clean.
13. Notify managers of any major maintenance or delivery issues encountered.
14. Follow delivery schedule and rest at appropriate times.
15. Maintain detailed driving and delivery logs.
16. Obey all applicable traffic laws and drive in according to the weather/road conditions.
17. Comply with DOT regulations.
18. Make safety a priority at all times.
1. High school diploma or GED equivalent preferred.
2. Valid commercial driver’s license (CDL) required with proper endorsements.
3. 2+ years proven experience in commercial truck driving preferred.
4. Clean driving record with no moving violations.
5. Must pass background check, MVR check, pre-employment drug test and PSP background check.
6. Skilled at driving, backing and parking large, heavy vehicles.
7. Ability to operate a manual transmission (preferred).
8. Alert, focused, and detail-oriented.
9. Possess great physical stamina and focus during long driving shifts.
10. Comfortable with long-haul transport.
11. Proficient using GPS and other routing systems.
12. Ability to operate or willingness to learn electronic logs.
13. Ability or willingness to learn to operate electronic equipment.
14. Map reading and route planning experience.
15. Disciplined, dependable, and resourceful.
16. High level of composure and good stress management.
17. Experience with live animals or eggs handling preferred.
18. Follow all company regulations pertaining to bio security, animal welfare and safety.
Additional required skills and abilities include; attention to detail; communication skills including verbal and listening; the ability to read and interpret company policies and procedures, the ability to communicate and interact productively with all employees; the ability to work under pressure; and, the ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Company Driver